Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Winter..............

Is it?  For the first time in a long time we went without snow for Christmas.  I surely didn't want the storms we've gotten in the past, but I would have liked to have a coating.  Just a little.  I suppose I will be sorry down the road as no doubt we will get it.  They had called for a small storm to roll threw last night and this morning, but when I got up there was only a bit of white on the edges of the grass and it was gone before I finished my first cup of coffee.  It was more like frost then snow.  The ski resorts are going to be in sad shape if it doesn't change soon.  All the folks off for the holidays, kids out of school, all the snow toys for Christmas, and they won't get used.  Gage was playing basketball Christmas morning, as that's what he got from Santa.  Who'd have thought it?  Obviously my niece... LOL or she got a bargain she couldn't pass up :)  It's about 33 degrees now, but nothing happening out there.  Just darkness.

 

Watched the boys play earlier and it was an entertaining game.  In the first period they scored 6 goals.  Yes you heard that right, 6, but their lucky charm was around.  Then he went off to bed and they didn't score again.  LMAO  no matter they won the game.  I need that lucky charm around more and more.  Do you hear that?   I'm counting on you for post season, when it really matters!! 

 

Decided I'd just share some winter type graphics tonight.  I was in the mood :)  Most had been done prior to today, but I waited to put them up.  I have a few more New Year ones too, but am passing on the tutorials.  I will just stick to mine, less drama.  LMAO  For some reason I'm having a hard time with New Years.  Not that I don't want 2007 to start, but in a way I don't.  My niece will be leaving next week for Spain.  She will be studying there until May and I will miss her tons!  I can't even think about it without tears coming.  I will be doing an entry later about her, I just can't stay composed long enough to write it at the moment.  Love ya Le... and I can say that!  LOL  (inside joke).

 

Well, I'm going to get in bed early and hope sleep comes fast.  Hope everyone is good... and has a great hump day.  Ohhhhhhhhhh and for those that celebrate.. Happy Boxing Day!!  Hope it was grand.  Sorry I'm so late.  *hugs*

 

Night all & lots of hugs

~d

 


     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


              Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


              Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  <--- notice the hockey stick.  LMAO


              Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah I too would like to have some snow. we did have a freak storm that blew thru sleet ice and snow for 15 mins nad it was gone!!!!!!!!! but sure was slick out and got home and nada on the ground it was dry roads. yup its a wierd winter

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love your graphics. I snagged 3 of them!  Thanks for sharing them.  
We are supposed to get a bit of rain late tonight.  It's already 10pm and it's not here....so we'll see.   I wish it would snow up in the mountains. I'd like to take my son up there.
Stay warm!!  33 degrees is SOOOO COLD!!  Low here is high 40's at night...and I FREEZE!  
Sleep well and get some good rest.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Yah, we got a few droppings.lol...but boy did Oregon get the rain....When I lived in Hawaii, the fake white frosting and 80 degree weather just did bring the winter vibe. I hated it....gotta have the cold....~Raven

Anonymous said...

Awesome graphics no snow here yet thank goodness..but is getting colder that a witches tit...LOL..hugs,TerryANn

Anonymous said...

I hope you get your snow you want Donna. The graphics are great, as always! I'm glad your boys won too! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

Oh...this is what it is all about... such a good time, and now some of them are leaving...and you're going to miss them or their company...
Have another cup of coffee :D
Hope the little coat of snow falls for you
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

Anonymous said...

Donna
According to the Weather Channel this morning, your snow is on its way!  Sorry your niece will be away so long.  I love the graphic with the lighthouse!  I just might come back and snag that one!  Way to go Sabres!  
Sam

Anonymous said...

I will like reading about your niece. I hate it to think you are sad or crying. I want you grinning and laughing!!! I am so glad Ohio has no snow. I hate the cold weather and snow because i worry about driving in it.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

we had spring weather for christmas in NY. only day of the year I would like snow lol snagged the snowman and penquin too cute thanks vicky :)

Anonymous said...

We have had no snow yet here in the UK, Christmas day was grey and cold.Is your niece going back to the states after she finishes her study period  in spain? love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

A white Christmas? Haven't had one for yonks. It's been a grey Christmas in Scotland. Glad you had a great time, like the snags :-)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Same here , a little dusting of flakes. Pickles is loving it though, trying to catch them as they fall LOL. We always miss the ones we are close to don't we. And sadly it seems they always leave us to miss them. I loved the snow snags. of course I snagged them up. Love Ya Indigo

Anonymous said...

I also snag the penguin and snowmen very cute tx  Nancy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for some Winter graphics!!!  I didn't know what to put after the holidays and was lost, so thank you!!!  I hope you get some rest tonight!  What a great opportunity for your neice to be able to go to Spain!  WOW!!!  That is one smart cookie that's for sure!
Hugs and love,
Lisa