Friday, December 29, 2006

It's Over

Yes, I know Chris over and Cab's Creations posted a similar graphic on Christmas Eve.  Sorry Chris, I had it done and waited a few days to post, but I want to move it off my hard drive.  It truly fits with this entry too :)  I know she knows I did not steal it, as do others.  I just wanted to clarify.  It's similar, like both have Santa in the tub.  LOL  I really have no reason to steal anyone's graphics.  I've pretty much used my own since I started making them. Either following a tut or something I put together.  My journal has become some what a hodge podge of graphic snags and to post someone else's work for snag just isn't me.  If I don't have a graphic, I either don't post or I do an entry without.  Not that it's right or wrong, like I said, it's just me.

 

Well, it's over.  All the gifts have been delivered and it's time to just relax and enjoy the rest of the time off.  A nice warm bubble bath does sound good, doesn't it?  Rest those weary bones and muscles?  Ok, except for my sister.  She went out shopping today to get some wrapping paper while on sale.  Can you believe we finally depleted the supply we had?  I thought it would last a life time!  I go back into her room to talk to her and she jumps and waves her hand at me to leave.  She is wrapping presents for next year!  OMG!!!  I remember those days, but stopped doing that after the year I forgot about them.  In April I found them buried in my closet.  LMAO  To small to fit my son any longer and off they went to charity.  Brand spanking new!  Not that I didn't feel good about giving something brand new, but I was pissed that I forgot about them.

 

The strike is over too.  I know so many out there are going through tough times and I felt a twinge of guilt this morning when I got all my comments and emails.  I was so excited last night that I didn't even think to consider how those less fortunate might have reacted.  I'm so sorry.  In no way was my intention to rub it in or doa 'na na na', I was expressing my joy after 3 months of striking, no pay from his job, no benefits, etc.  He's young and was beginning to feel the stresses of being an adult.  We all want the best for our children, and I am no different.  I shared the news as I did when they went on strike.  No hidden agenda, no ulterior motive.  It was pure joy from my heart as I had heard the announcement.  To be honest, it felt good sharing good news, something happy in this world of sadness.  I hope you all understand.  Oh, and all the comments/mails were good, and I thank you again!

 

I messed around with a couple graphics earlier and thought I'd share them.  I couldn't decide if I liked it with or without the snow.  I know those in CO prefer without.  Damn!  Can you believe all the snow they are getting?  Geeze Louise I think I heard they are going to get more tomorrow.  YIKES!  Stay warm and safe folks!   Well, I'm off to finish my laundry and get dinner going.  Enjoy the rest of the day and evening.  I know doubt will find something to post later.  LMAO

 

Hugs

~d

 


                  Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                  Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the snow one. Oh yes you should be happy and be very glad IM glad it all worked out. I know how a job make s a man feel. Man I got gifts for next year but no I m not wrapping them lol

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I get the point of your little clarification, but as official chairgirl of your fan club, I demand for you  NOT to feel the need to explain yourself to these good-for-nothing, troublemaking hooligans! (Yeah, I said it, lol.)
Graphic’s cute though, I didn’t see the one that you stole it from. I mean, uhh, ... LOL kidding.
Glad to hear everything is looking up, Happy (almost) New Year!

Love ya D,

Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

I didnt get the impression you was doing a na na na ,we are all happy for Steve lol and the bath Santa is differant so dont worry ,he is like the rest of us enjoying a soak after all the activity from the last few months ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Gifts for next year??!!  She was already wrapping for next year??!!  I can't wrap my head around that one....no way. LOL1
Hope you have a good evening.
Pam

Anonymous said...

love the graphics.  love the snow.
we are still running around in shirt sleeves here in my part of the world.  can't believe all that snow to the west.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

LOL I am like your sister.  I was in the store today buying christmas decorations for my first house next year and the stuff was 1/2 off.  I have my Christmas cards already!  I have my center piece and other little decorations...i picked up my future daughter some things for Christmas and her birthday in 2007...I need to be this prepared because I dont want to stress when the time comes next year and have to either cut her short or cut a bill short..so I plan ahead!  

Love the graphics and I snagged the one with the snow....


Tia

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I have used others  graphics on mine when I thought their tag was something that went with my entry...If I was to try and make one for all my entries I would have even less than I have...LOL...Love the graphics nice work!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna hon, never thought you were doing any rubbing in of any sort. Your happy and you obviously should be! That what you do with your joy, you share it with your friends. Here's hoping the weekend goes slower for you to have a slightly longer vacation. Have a great New Year!! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I think I am moving to CO!!  I am sick of no snow!!  WAAAHHH!  I am a true New England girl and we need snow darnit!  I can't believe you are apologizing for being happy for your son and the strike being over.  HELLO, life is hard and yes others have it tough, but be happy for your son with absolutely NO apologies woman!!!!  I was thrilled to hear the news and someone out there that might find fault in it is a miserable person indeed that they cannot rejoice when others have good news.  Sigh.  What is wrong with people?!??!  Great graphics as always!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You have every right to feel overjoyed that the strike is over, we can't all withold good news in case it upsets some one! I'm sure all you friends in J-Land are as pleased as you are that Steve can finally get back to his real job. He's had it hard for long enough. Your sister was actually wrapping presents for next year?! Are you sure?! It seems a bit far fetched to me! Have a great weekend! I love the graphics too, I'm sure Chris won't think you're copying her! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

ROFL...I don't even think it's the same tube.  Similar but not the same.  Your sister is wrapping gifts for next year already.  Wow, I bought presents for next year but have never wrapped them.  Now that is efficient.  Glad the strike is over finally.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

love santa both yours and chris:) have a good New years Eve

Deb

Anonymous said...

Your good bit of news will have cheered people up, you certainly cheered me up. you should never feel guilty for sharing good news. lol your sis is well organized, wish i was.
happy new year and thank you for sharing your graphics.
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that the strike is finally over with and your son can resume his position!

HUGS
Dana

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, no rest from their stress? What a shame! Hey, you made the rest of us happy. Good News for anyone, is good to hear!
Hugs, Ann

Anonymous said...

YEAH, I love the Olive Garden, Thanks again Donna...

Anonymous said...

h