Sunday, December 17, 2006

YEAH!!!

Yeap, I'm cheering, shaking pom poms, and jumping up and down.  Why?  LOL... various reasons :)  I did get up this morning with every intention of getting out and shopping early.  Well, not without checking in on mail first.  So I had a couple of cups of coffee,  exchanged mail with a few, and cleared my box out.  

 

I got up to get in the shower and turned the water on.  A trickle.  I mean not even a trickle.  GRRRR  As I stood there stark naked I could hear dish washers and washing machines going.  I threw my robe back on and waited.  Everything in all parts of the house were filling at the exact same moment.  Not that there was no hot water, but there was no pressure.  I sat in silence as I listened.  As soon as things stopped I waited a minute and ran for the shower.  I jumped in and started washing.  Water was hot and it felt great as I woke up even further.  I am one of those girls who shaves her legs with each shower.  I skimped the last 2 days, who would know besides me?  I wasn't wearing skirts.  But today I could take it no more, I had to shave them.  It had to be easier then braiding!  Believe me when I say it was passed nubs!  So off I go finishing things up and put the conditioner in my hair, and at the precise moment.  OMFG!!!  Can you say cold?  I mean COLD!!  I took just a bit too long and the hot water disappeared.  No getting cool first, it went direct to COLD.   Ever try to rinse conditioner out of your hair with cold water?  It's bad enough that it doesn't want to remove it, but to stand under the shower head as the ice cold water runs over your skin that was only just moments before getting massaged with hot.  Let me just say, I WAS AWAKE!   One of the downfalls of living in a flat.  We don't share the hot water tanks, but 2 dishwashers and 2 washing machines will take it's toll on pressure no matter what.  Apparently it took it's toll on the available hot water too.   Now I know why I am so lazy on a Sunday morning!

 

I did get out shopping and was very successful.  When I walked out the door it felt more like spring then just before Christmas.  It was raining and about 55 degrees.  Unheard of here at this time!  Ok, not unheard of, but very odd.  I had several stops to make to get the finishing touches for stocking stuffers.  Gas cards, coffee coupons, my $5 dollar gift for our family's silly gift exchange.  We all bring a $5 gift and we read a story about the 'Right' family.  Each time the word right is said, yeap you guessed it we pass right, when left is said, we pass left.  When the story is done you get what you're holding.  It's silly but we have lots of laughs.  Then it was off to find something for my sister.  Hey... Martha Karen.. if you are reading click that red x NOW!!!   LMAO  actually no worries she doesn't read as she sees all the graphics before hand and generally hears me mumbling.  I wasn't sure what to get her but I did find a few nice things.  I got her a new purse, new heavy gloves that she can wear while driving, a fleece zip up that has snowflakes on it (so her!), and a couple turtle necks.  I think I did rather well.   I did find something for me as well.  A new red sweater and shirt for Christmas Eve at my sisters and another sweater.  Had to buy two, buy one get one for $10.  Bargoon!  I showed them to my son and he asked who they were for.  When I said me his eyebrow went up, his eyes wide open, and a smile ear to ear.  'Oh, I like Mom!'  Nothing like pleasing your 20 year old son.  All in all a good day!  Two more things and I'm done.  YEAH!!!  I didn't grab them today as I would have had to pass the football stadium and since we played at home today I was going no where near the place!

 

My son called me from the picket line (yes they are still on strike) to see what I was doing for dinner.  I hadn't even thought about it, and he told me not to worry.  He was going to bring me something.  Oh goodie!  He walked in a bit later with two steak hoagies.  He knew I was dying for steak and thought I'd be able to eat that.  Tell me he isn't just the best!? Hmmm  the smell was to die for and the place he picked them up at uses the best steak ever.  Not that steak 'um shit.  I unwrapped mine and put it on the plate.  Feared biting into it, so I grabbed a fork and knife and cut pieces off.  Not baby size pieces but my bite size pieces.  OMG!!  I savored every last minute.  It was out of this world!  Steak, onions, mushrooms, and cheese.   I chewed it fine.  I don't think I could have bitten through the roll, but once it was already in pieces I had no issues at all. YEAH!!!  I'm healing!!

 

I have read about J-Land that folks are all bogged down with Christmas graphics.  I won't promise I won't do any more, and I do still have some that I haven't shared yet, but I will do more and more 'winter' ones.  I hope you like them.  Penguins and snowmen will most likely be the majority.  I love both and collect snowmen.  I got a cute little snowman clock graphic today and couldn't help myself.  I had to do something and add it to my sidebar.. hey it isn't Christmasy just wintery.  I also did a couple PSP addict graphics.  It's true, so I might as well advertise.  LOL  They are snaggable, and since they fit in my sidebar they should fit in yours as well :) 

 

I can't believe it is after 11 on Sunday.  Where did all the time go?  Geeeze....  it's time for me to get in bed.  Hope everyone had a great weekend and wish you all a great Monday!

 

Hugs

~d

                          Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


             Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                                         Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                          Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to work today:( Sounds like an eventful day!! So glad you can finally eat REAL food.....My Christmas shopping just got finished tonight online...Yay me!!!! Tawnya

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Cold showers...brrrrr....I don't envy you ..lol.  Love the angel and your PSP addict tags in the sidebar.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

i snag all graphics and though i cant use them all this year, i snag away anyway. You do such awesome work! I am tickled your son got you that steak hoagie. I love it when a person gets to eat something they really enjoy.
I HATE being the last one to the shower. Meg stays in our shower for 45 minutes!!!!!
LOVE,lj

Anonymous said...

Brrrrrr, cold shower!!!!  If anyone runs ANY water in this house while you are taking a shower it turns freezing cold too!  Well water is no fun sometimes.  But, at least you were wide awake after that rude awakening!  So proud of you getting most of your shopping done, wish I could say the same.  Your son is just too cute bringing you home something to eat.  Glad you were able to enjoy each and every bite.  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

man I have to have my shower hot all the way on hot. My skin is red when I come out of the shower. Sounds like you did a nice job on th e gifts. I love the game you play. The story sounds neat. I d love to do it at our Haunkkah it is a neat game. I hope to get to party city for stuff for new years yes its only two weeks away this time has flown by. I LOVE NUT CRAKCERS so thanks a bunch. maybe throw down a few new year graphics ????? I d love to see yours

Anonymous said...

You threw me when you said "Martha click the red X NOW" LOL!
Glad you were able to enjoy your steak hoagie! That's a good sign! Sorry about the ice cold shower -- been there, done that.
I found Christmas cards at the Dollar store that had the same Tigger graphic you made that's going in my journal this morning. I was so excited when I saw them!

The other Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

That cold shower would have blown my mind ,what a tough girl you are ,Oh I didnt realise Steve was still on strike ,my thats ages now ! So pleased you enjoyed the steak ,it sounded delicious Mmm,and what 'bargoons' well done ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That cold shower would have blown my mind ,what a tough girl you are ,Oh I didnt realise Steve was still on strike ,my thats ages now ! So pleased you enjoyed the steak ,it sounded delicious Mmm,and what 'bargoons' well done ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

omg hate that. Enjoy the weather love vicky

Anonymous said...

Very pretty graphics...am so glad you are healing....sounds like the best steak ever...Hugs,TerryANn

Anonymous said...

Nice graphics as always!!  YAY on eating steak!!  Oh boy I bet it tasted GOOD!!  That's a Xmas present in itself!
Have a good Monday~~~Pam

Anonymous said...

so sorry about how much trouble it was to get in a shower.
my legs have a tiny little forest growing on them at the moment. ::sigh::

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh I've been in THAT shower before -- even worse in the winter time!!  I like that $5 gift and RIGHT story thing, it's cute.  Keeps spirits alive rather than the same old boring "what'd you get this year" mess.

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the nutcracker! I'm a bit obsessed with them and have a collection I started 2 years ago of them lol!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

Oman!!  that is just like my house!   Well, not exactly, you can just have one faucet running elsewhere and it will pull all the hot from your shower.    I think some times Ole boy is paying me back for some imagined wrong I've done him, because he often manages to turn on the water when I'm rinsing....  HATE that!!   (we can never get enough Christmas graphics!)
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Your weather sounds like the usual British weather, although its cold here today, only 33 degrees.

If its usually very cold where you live, why shave your legs at all. Just let them grow until you are completely covered in hair.
I could see a problem if, heaven forbid, you were hit by a car or something, because the doctors at the hospital may mistake you for an ecaped monkey or the "missing link".
Have you seen how they take the temperature of animals???
::giggles:: Just made myself laugh!!
:o)

Anonymous said...

Yay for you being able to eat a steak hoagie!!!!!
I bet it was wonderful wasn't it...hehe
Your sister will love her presents...glad you even
bought something for yourself....
Yes your son is a sweetie =)
Oh yeah....and  I HAVE rinsed shampoo and conditioner
out of my hair with cold water...and it sucks!!!  OMG the
thought of it makes me shiver....lol

Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Love the little Hummel creation! Thanks for all the great sharings. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!!

I had to come by for a visit. I have to say that I just love your journal have I told you that ? I love coming to read your entries have I told you that too ? There is something so heartwarming about your writing that always draws me back and back and back and back. I am so glad your here at J-Land did I tell you that too ???? Anyway......your graphics are also wonderful. You need to be chosen as Guest Editor every single week in my opinion. I would definitely come by and visit. Anyway.......thanks for sharing your life with us. I also wanted to wish you and your family a very memorable and wonderful Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and to your loved ones. Byyyyye !!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

dear Donna, I my! I'm so sorry that you only had cold water! sheesh! Ihope you can get it fixed really soon! Sorry !
natalie