Sunday, December 31, 2006

Looking Back....

2006 started with my son moving out on his own.  I thought I would die without him here.  Even though he had a life of his own and was always on the go, I knew he'd be back.  It had been him and I for so long I just couldn't imagine.  I watched him pack his things as I held back the tears.  He knew, and I know he ached, but it was time for him to move forward.  He needed to spread his wings and I needed to let him.  When the door shut behind him with his last load, I cried.  Sadness for me but joy for him.  He was a responsible young adult getting on with his life.  I was proud!

 

I adjusted to my new life, and I grew in so many ways.  I found things to do with my spare time and filled his old room with this and that.  No, no hockey.  LOL  He is always welcome here and he knows it, but I couldn't stand to look at the empty room.  In the background I watched as he grew.  He got a great job and was living a life that mothers dream of.  He is happy, I am happy for him.  He stops over regularly and fills my heart with joy each and every time. 

 

I could go on and on with what's happened in JLand, but we lived it.  We've seen good times and bad, we've seen the best in people and the worst.  We've watched folks grow as well as seen some stand still.  The peaks and valley's of life.  I've seen true colors of some, and made some excellent friends along the way.  I won't list all of you, you know who you are :)  You've touched me deep down and helped me grow into a better person.  My life is full and I am honored to have you with me.

 

The rest of my family grew too.  So many changes, but then none.  We all got older and adjusted to the changes.  Some better then others.   Time stands still for no one no matter how hard we try.  It's how and what we do as time goes by that defines us. 

 

I wish you all the happiest of times.  I hope 2007 brings good fortune, good luck, and good health.  I hope all your wishes and dreams come true.  I hope families come together and share the love that was meant to be.  My family is happy, most of the time.  We grow together, share sickness and health.  We are here for each other..... as we move forward.

 

Happy New Year all!  With much love

 

Hug

~d

 


                         Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                  Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I know that must have been hard to let your son go. I know one day my daughters wil be gone. having them home each night is good. But I do pray that yo uhave the best of new years ever. I have enjoyed getting to know you

Anonymous said...

Sad to let go ......hope you all have a Happy New Year take care.
luv bella xxx

Anonymous said...

Heres to the New Year:) may it be great for you and yours:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes reading your entry.... it'll be my turn soon enough, my son will be 17 in May....  GAWD, I hope I'll survive it... LOL!!!  It's ALWAYS been just me and him!!  But you sure put it into perspective.... "Sadness for me, but joy for him."  I started thinking about how exciting it was when I first moved out of my parents home... WOW!!!!   And in our hearts we KNOW they'll be ok, WE were!!

Happy New Year!!
Joann

Anonymous said...

ahw bless ya d, it seems like you've grown so much in this year, you've been a great help to me as a newbie in jland - and a great source of entertainment and snags lol.

Heres to a fantastic new year for you all
love
Stacey xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy New year.

                Julie

Anonymous said...

I have met some awesome people to and you are among them! Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I had been collecting your awsome graphics ,for a while .....but didnt know what to do with them ?so this time last year I said my new year resolution, was to learn to add graphics ,to my journal ,not only did you make the most amazing graphics you told me how to use them ,and the rest as they say is history lol bless you .health and happyness for 2007 love ya Donna ....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

WOW!!  what a site.  You certainly know how to add life to your Journal.  Reading your "looking Back" it seems like you truly keep things in perspective. Best wishes to you and your family in 2007.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Thanks Donna and a Happy, Joyful, Healthy 2007 for you!
Hugs,
Ann:)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna.  Let's make this next year a great one!  Thank you for all the graphics you've shared with us this year.  
Pam

Anonymous said...

Donna, love the sax player..HAPPY NEW TEAR TO YOU..love Nancy

Anonymous said...

D, it 's heart wrenching when they spread their wings and fly but so satisfying to know you did a job well done.  I'm in love with the first tag...looking backward; moving forward...awesome!  Happy New Year to you and thank you for all the help and encouragement you've given me for the past year!  Love ya, chris

Anonymous said...

Oh God, you talking about your son leaving had me in tears!  I am so not ready for that day when one of my children leaves the nest.  Hopefully you will be there for me to help me through when the time comes and it will all too quickly for me.  HAPPY NEW YEAR Donna!!  May you have Many Blessings in the upcoming year!  Thank you for your friendship!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Donna!  
Sam

Anonymous said...

Sons leave home.  I had three of them go, one at 16 because he didn't want to move to Calif. with us.  I scrolled through your journal and saw a picture of your son.  Nice looking guy. I snagged another graphic, the New Years with the hour glass. Oh, I loved that second one at the top.  It's glorious.  I can't wait for you to start making new originals.  I love to write an entry centered around your graphic.  I saw some before all the holidays started I would loved to have made the centerpiece of a story or article.  Lines from poetry.  I realized later the wolves spoke to me because a boyfriend I loved before Doc had lived in Alaska for five years.  His wife of five years fell ill and had to go to nursing home.  He got a job and went to see her every day for 6 or 7 years until she died. I was moved by the dedication of a healer.  He was in Alaska as a physician's assistent and she was the daughter of a doctor who was helping him.  He reads my journal.  He was upset because I took up with Doc, but he was nursing so many people who didn't like me I felt it best.  Too many wanted him, and nobody wanted Doc.  (bad drinker that he is) Gerry

Anonymous said...

Here's  hoping that your 2007 will top your 2006.  Have a safe and sane New Year!  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Yes,2006 was a year to behold and thank God its gone!!!! I am so glad i have your friendship.
love,lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

It's always a wrench when kids leave home but it has to come! I'm so glad your Steve had a great mum who gave him a good start in life. Thanks for all your graphics and entertaining entries this year Donna. I'm wishing you the very best of health and happiness in the coming year! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

Watching your child leave home and venture out on their own has got to be hard... I never saw mom shed a tear...but i know it had to be hard on her because i am her only child... It was sad for me...but i was so excited to be getting married and getting my own home.....so i'm sure mom was happy and sad too.... Might have been more than happy to get me outta her hair..hahahaha  Happy New Year Donna...hope you have a wonderful 2007!   I snagged the skyline graphic...it's beautiful!
Hugs..
~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I dread the day when the boys are old enough to venture on there own it must be so hard to let go. Hope you have a wonderful new year love vicky

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry!  Wishing you and your family many smiles and blessings in the New Year!

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your family the best for 2007!
Thanks for this touching entry. It helps me not to forget that I am not alone. 2007 is the year where I have to say good-bye to both of my kids, since they both will move out of State. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful entry. Happy New Year my friend. ((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to your feelings when your son moved out...I remember those feelings when my 2 children became adults and moved out.  Our son is the youngest and was the last to leave.  I was so sad....so my husband knocked out the walls to his bedroom and made a huge bathroom for me with a beautiful whirlpool tub, walk in shower, vanity table built in, etc.  He teased our son and said he did it so he couldn't ever move back in! (ha)

Take Care,
~Bilinda~