Monday, December 25, 2006

HO HO HO

         Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Wow!  What a couple of days!!   We spent Christmas Eve at my sisters.  The entire family, plus a few, joined in for the celebration.  Her family room was taken over by brightly colored wrapped gifts.  Funny how there is so much when we exchange, but every year the pile gets larger and larger.   Dinner was marvelous.  We had roast beef sandwiches, cheesy potatoes, sausage with pepper, onions, and mushrooms, stromboli, the list goes on and on.  Just typing that made my tummy full all over again, so I won't bore you with all the pickings.  The kids (all of them!) were anxious to get to the gifts.  As we started passing them out we had a surprise visit from the 'Man' himself.   Gage was thrilled that he made his appearance.  He's been doing so for years and this is the first time he arrived after we started opening.  'Santa, I'm so happy you didn't forget me.'  He said with a twinkle in his eye and a smile as big as the grand canyon.   Gage then turned to his sister to make sure she was ok.  He is so protective of her.  Bug stood there with amazement in her eyes.  Though he has visited her before on Christmas Eve, it's a distant memory for a 3 year old.  She stared and studied him with such intensity.  Familiar but not, as she had a bit of hesitation.  She was absolutely precious.


The boys arrived at our house early this morning and we exchanged our gifts.  I think everyone was extremely happy.  I know I was.  Steve bought me a web-cam and I can't wait to test it out.  It's set up and installed and I played with a few videos.  It's not as clear as I had hoped, but maybe I just need to mess with the settings a bit.  I will play more tomorrow when I have time to really study it.  The entire day was a whirlwind of cooking, eating, cleaning, and starting over again.  We then went to my sisters for some dessert this evening.  Can you say exhausted?!   Stuffed?!  Thrilled to be on vacation?! 

 

I hope everyone's day was filled with happiness and joy.  I'm off to bed.

 

Hugs

~d

                   Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                      Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

It's sounds like you had a lovely holiday. Love the pics, Can you send that Santa to my house next year? LOL
Merry Christmas.

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Awwwww sweet, thanks, D:)
Ann:)

Anonymous said...

Aww all the pictures are great! That last one is just adorable!
Merry Christmas!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The photos were beautiful Donna, loved little Bug with Santa! I'm so glad you had a great time and you got the webcam you wanted! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

Donna
What a great family celebration you guys shared!  The pictures are awesome!  We all ate too much at our house, too.  But oh, what fun it was!
Sam

Anonymous said...

That all sounds lovely and the bug is delightful ,and her brother delightful ..enjoy the rest of the holiday ,,,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

D, it sounds like you had an absolutely lovely time.  Love the pictures of Bug and Santa.  Looks like something off of a Christmas card.  I hate far too much myself at my mother's house,

A web cam...uh oh...look out, D, has a new toy.  Have lots of fun with it.  I know you'll figure it out and have it looking great.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The kids are precious!!  Glad your holiday was warm, happy and bright!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day...Happy Boxing day
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful memories! Happy you had such a lovely Christmas! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

great pictures to go with such warm memories!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

The pictures are just precious!!  I'm so glad you had such a nice time!
Pam

Anonymous said...

OMG, the kids are just PRECIOUS!!!!!!!  That pose she has looks like something Emma does often, too cute!  So happy you did get your webcam!!!!  WOO-HOO!  Now Ste can see you laugh along with listening to you laugh!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Christmas montage, loved it!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you had such a good Christmas, Donna

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the kids had such a magical Christmas!! I am even as tickled you had such good eatings!!!
love,lj

Anonymous said...

wow had to do one journal tonight awesome day you had. sonds like fun for lal anad what a nice surprise for the kiddos

Anonymous said...

How sweet!  Thanks for sharing!  Hugs,TErryAnn