Tuesday, December 12, 2006

~ Gingerbread Houses ~

My niece was in a bit of a bind today, so she had called last evening to see if my sister could watch the kids for a few hours as she had to work.  The arrangement was for her to drop them off here at 3:30 and she'd be back at 8 to pick them up.  I had some running to do after work so I wasn't expected home until almost 6.  As I was about to leave work, my sister called and asked me to pick graham crackers.  Didn't matter what kind just graham.  Ok... what did she have up her sleeve?  No doubt some of you already know we have nicknamed her Martha Karen.  She is real crafty and she had an idea to keep the kids busy after dinner.  We had gum drops, cocoa puff cereal, licorice, a complete assortment of over candies, and marshmallow fluff.   She was on a mission to have the kids make gingerbread houses.  Neither wanted to eat as they were looking forward to making them.  Can you say bribe?  LOL  When dinner was done and the kitchen cleaned up out came the 'goods.'  It was messy, but they had a blast!  They moved rather quickly to add the candies and toppings.  I was able to get a few shots and put together a little collage.  I can't believe how long 'bugs' hair is, and how much older she looks with it pulled back.  Easier to tube tho!!!  All those curls hidden.   Let me tell you, marshmallow fluff kisses from those faces are the best! 

 

When all was cleaned up and their houses were in the fridge to harden and set.   we sat in the living room and watched the 'boys'.  Bug didn't want to sit still for long as she would have fallen asleep.  As she went from kitchen to living room she noticed mail, and came to get me.  'Aunt Donna you have mail, come open your letter.'  I figured it was bills and talked her out of opening things.  That only lasted a second, and she was back at it.  I went to the kitchen with her and low and behold there was more then bills.  LOL  I had several more Christmas cards arrive.  We opened them together and eeewed and aaahhed at the pictures.  She loved seeing them and we had to look at them several times, plus pull down the ones that were already hanging.  LOL  What a hoot!  Jan, yours arrived today.  Thank you :)

 

The boys did win tonight 3-2, but we had several guys out with injuries or the flu.  Better now then in May/June I say.  On a very sad note they stopped searching for Bob Gainey's daughter.  She had been in the water since Friday evening, leaving little hope.  So very sad and my heart goes out to him and his family.

 

Almost done with shopping.  Wuuuu Huuuuu  should be finished in a day or so.  Not sure I will venture out after work again tomorrow, we'll see how the day develops.  Sharing a few more (Jenny thanks for the Grinch tubes!) and I'm off to bed.  Happy Hump Day!!

 

Hugs

~d

 

 


            Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                                          Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                                     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                      Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

now i want to see the ginger bread houses . congrats ont he boys winning. I lvoe yoru graphics as always you do such great work

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

ahhh sounds like they had a great time, have a ood night, Missy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone had a great evening!
Pam

Anonymous said...

What a fun thing to do.  The kids will never forget, you made a wonderful memory for them.  Joni

Anonymous said...

what a great thing to make:) looks like all had fun

Deb

Anonymous said...

oh i bet those babies enjoyed making those houses. rebecca and i are going to start baking cookies tomorrow as gifts. love the graphics i snagged a few
((hugs))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting the shopping done!
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Anonymous said...

sounds like you all had fun making things, so sorry they have called of the search for your friends daughter,
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

I bet the kids loved making those gingerbread house, that's something I've never done although I love to see them. Maybe I can put it on my things to do list! Hope you manage to get all the shopping done so you can relax in the run up to Christmas! Jeannette xx  http://beta.journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!  I get to see pics of the kids!!  What a great idea to make gingerbread houses out of graham crackers!  I hope to be like your sis one day being able to come up with a craft that easily!  Emma insists on opening ALL of the Christmas cards that come in the mail.  She throws the bills at me, literally, and knows which are the cards already.  Smart girl!  I love getting Christmas cards.  Helps ease the pain of those bills.  Your graphics are gorgeous as always!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have fun finishing up the shopping :)
i snagged the grinch, I love all the grinch tags going around. Even as an adult I still have to watch his show every year on tv.

hugs
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

i love the Grinch. Hell, i act like him. LOL
In all the time i have known you, i never knew who Bugs was to you. She is your nieces daughter. Duh. I am dumb. I bet making those Gingerbread houses was sooo fun. My WM has cute kits for $8.88.
Love you,
lj

Anonymous said...

any pictures of the gingerbread houses?  i have never made one.

love the snags.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

So pleased your dear little Bug enjoyed the card from UK  Iposted them on the 6th Dec ..lovely graphics as ever ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Kids look great, like the idea of making gingerbread house sounds fun!
take care
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

gotta love those snowmen.. snagged the snowmen group..Nancy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful creations. Thank you so very much for sharing. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

we made gingerbread houses too so much for with the little ones :) vicky