Saturday, December 23, 2006

~ Holidays ~

Wow... took me a awhile to get an entry up today.  I had all intentions of doing one earlier but the day got away from me.  I went and got my hair cut this morning.  Not cut short like I've worn it in the past, but a trim to shape it.  It's been growing like a weed.  With the weight, my curls just fell hap hazardly and looked like shit to say the least.  I then spent some of the afternoon wrapping the gifts of those that weren't roaming aimlessly around my house.  With any luck I can get them finished tonight.  Can I tell them all to leave?!?  LOL I do not want to wrap on Christmas Eve. 

 

This year we will be having Christmas Eve at my sister Marge's.  For as far back as I remember we've done it at my parents, but it really has become too much.  After Dad's open heart surgery, the mild stroke, and the recent diagnosis of Parkinson's, it's too much to put on my Mom alone.  I know this is very hard for her to give up, but damn she deserves to sit and relax for the holidays.  They also have their house on the market, and they don't need all this aggravation, almost 30 people in one place is chaos!   Marge is a saint for taking it on!  Of course we will all bring something to help lighten her load.

 

Christmas morning the kids will be here and we will open gifts and do our traditional large breakfast with way too much food.  The rest of the day the kids will do their thing, my sister and I will most likely clean the mess and veg a bit as we get things in order for our dinner.  Since breakfast is so large it will most likely be a late sit down and then we'll run to Marge's again for dessert.  Since the boys are grown they have their visits they have to make so we can relax a bit and not have to run like maniacs like years past.  I wonder how that will be, but surely I won't be bored or disappointed.  One thing I will be disappointed about is they are saying no snow.  I don't need 20 inches, but a dusting would be nice.

 

Very little word on the tentative agreement, but all Union members need to vote and they are not all local so this is not a guarantee settlement.  With any luck things will be fine and my son will be back to work by the new year.  When I say back to work, I mean back to his job.  He has been working but he hates what he is doing!  LOL  Most folks do, don't they?  

 

Here are some of the last Christmas graphics.  I can't believe how many I did, and how many I haven't even touched yet.  Maybe I will do a clearance sale after the holidays LOL 

 

  Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

 

        Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

 

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

 

                         Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

 

I've also posted a New Year Graphic on my tag journal.  It will only be available a short time for two reasons.  New Years is around the corner and I have some things to do over the next few days.  I do ask that you request from that journal so I can keep requests in one spot and not miss anyone.  I've added my name to this, as I've done in the past, and will gladly add yours.  Please note the name is on the envelope flap and I may have to change slightly if your name is longer. Click here to request or email MyDsDesigns@aol.com

 

 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

 

Will more then likely be back after the hockey game.

 

Hugs

~d

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the house and horses!  (the rest of them too, but I think I'll snag that one.)   Your mother will not know how to relax, will she?     I bet she'll adapt nicely, though.  lol    Having a shin-dig at your house can be a lot of hard work.      We once had a Christmas breakfast at my mom's house, and though he all enjoyed it, it just wasn't the same....and as we only do one meal together, we have opted to stay with dinner.
Merry Christmas!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Beautiful graphics... i was wondering how do you have time to spoil all of us with graphics...I would think it would take awhile to do these but they are always polished and well done..30 people in one house is ALOT...I remember a house full of people and its always exciting as a kid or teenager but what a chaos time for adults,lol....Anyway, I havent been by in over a week, so need to browse and see what's goin on....~Raven

Anonymous said...

Hey can I get an envelope that says, "All I want for News Years Eve is a cabin in the mountains, a fireplace, a bottle of Merlot, and an amazing kiss." LOL..thats what I want...~Raven

Anonymous said...

hope you get the gifts wrapped up tonight.

Love the graphics.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh woman.....you're just "oozing" the talent, aren't ya? (ha)  They are all wonderful!  Sounds like you'll have a wonderful time with your family.  I agree, your Mom and Dad might be overwhelmed with all that's going on.  Happy Holidays!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Love them, as always, D!  Are you in a PSP group with Dianna?  She has a tag like yours at the top that someone in her graphics group made.  It is so lovely!  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely time with your family Donna ,Ihope the strike is soon resolved and Steve can get back to work very soon ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love all the tags.  You and your family, I hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas and one more thing "Let's go Ducks!"

Phil

Anonymous said...

ah sounds like a hoppin g holiday. we monday will be at Todds moms since she does Christmas. Now I want to see a pic of you girl. !!!!!! new hair and all. hope the vote goes well and all ends well. I love your pic of the window and twinkling lights

Anonymous said...

Wow! all the terrific graphic you got.. am going to snag few..lol

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love the graphics...I think I was sent the tut through one of my groups...I just have not had time to do any tuts Lately need to so I can learn some more things...You did an amazing job!  Love it!  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have such a big family it must be fun.We usually manage a fall of snow before Christmas but this year not a flake has fallen. Have a great Christmas and a Guid New Year. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty graphics...you are such a good artist.  Thanks again for the New Years one!  
You are very blessed to have such a large family.  What fun!!  Hope you have a great holiday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas. (((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h