Monday, December 11, 2006

~ My Winter Wonderland .... Plus ~

Evening folks!  Sure is later then I expected or planned on posting.  It was a crazy day or should I say a typical Monday.  Good Gaawd I hate them!  When all was said and done I was able to take a few shots of some of the decorations around here and I put together a bit of a collage.  It's not much, but does show off part of the snowman collection, the winter village, and the tree.   Since my sister moved in and the furniture and 'extras' around the house about doubled we went with a table top tree to save space.  Just no place to move with my full size one.  It serves it's purpose and works out well.  I did mist the pictures, not sure I like the way things came out but it works.

 

I went through my holiday graphic folder and found some of the silly graphics.  I was just messing around with different effects but did save them, so I'm sharing.  Not sure what I think, but let me know what you do, k? 

 

I know there are a lot of folks in J-Land that are on your prayer lists, but could I ask for one more?  Bob Gainey, the GM of the Montreal Canadians.  His 25 year old daughter, Laura,  was swept off the tall ship Picton Castle by a large wave during a storm on Friday night.  The search continues, but hope of finding her alive is dwindling.  It is so sad as he lost his wife about 10 years ago after a 5 year battle with brain cancer.  So much tragedy in his life.  I appreciate all the prayers and good wishes you can muster up. 

 

I'm tired and my brain is not working properly so I'm off to bed.  Have a great Tuesday!

 

Hugs

~d

 

 


                        Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                       Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                         Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                         Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                        Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Darling!  love the effects!  and love the decore of your snow men collection!  Hope you have a great week!! TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Great job, D Yessiree;) Really! I think the meds are out of my system so watch out! Love those bears catching snow flakes on their tongues:) I did that for a lot of years where skies were clean.
Have a good night! Hugs ...Ann

Anonymous said...

Ihave the mans daughter in my prayers Donna ,great graphics ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

ah the who ville one with grnch is cute but that one with the little girl in lights is just too cute and I love that one. yes I read about that mans daughter being swept off the ship. How sad. I also saw about a couple who were driving up from myrtle beach to NY to be with thier daughter for her birthday and christmas and no one has seen them. that is terribly sad ot not know where both yur parents are. cell phones they said are going to voice mail. NOW your misted graphic is cute and I love your village and your snowmen. Hey I put you and the other graphics people in my side bar finally how up with it am I??????? LOL

Anonymous said...

Had to snag the little girl one!!  I heard that story about the woman who is lost at sea.  Just terrible and she wasn't even wearing a life jacket!  I will send my prayers the families way.
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I loved your collage and the snowmen collection.It's wonderful.Love the tags.Snagged two.The little one reminded me of my grandaughter she is a bit odf a mischief so I imagined her getting tangled in lights liek this LOL!!Whilst Mum was trimming up.Well the clown is just awsome as you in America say.Reminds me of the Broken Hearted Clown.Take Care Have a lovely day if possible.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

will keep laura in prayer. i love your collage, it is beautiful. also loved the snags. i snagged a few. i just love the little girl one, she is so cute. hope you have a nice day today. ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Cute tags as always. I am sorry to hear about that girl. That is sooooo sad.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Sweet tags, love em!  Looking around I seem to have a snowman collection too!  Over the years I just seem drawn to them.  So sad about the girl.  I hope they find something soon.

Anonymous said...

Donna. I don't know how but I am now addicted to the Grinch. Thanks Bill

Anonymous said...

Such cute tags as always. I love your collage.  So awful about that girl.  I hope they find her.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Love the little girl with the lights and the mouse one, so snagged them, will keep Laura in my prayers, and also Bob her father, god bless them,
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

P.S. forgot to say I love your snowman collection, and the way you have done your collage
Lynnexx

Anonymous said...

Keeping Laura in my thoughts and prayers....
How very sad!!!!
Sorry i am so behind...haven't been getting alerts
Hugss..~Terri~