Saturday, December 16, 2006

I Swear

Ok, so those of that read my journal know I do.  I swear this is the last alert for the night.  Well, that is true, but what I was going to say is I swear I did 1000 loads of laundry today.  As I sorted through the items and put them in the wash I swore my son left a few of his things here or that my neighbors snuck in and dropped their clothes in with mine.   I pulled them out of the dryer and began to fold and they were mine.  All mine.  Next load, same thing.  What the hell?  When did I get so many clothes?  Hell, when did I wear so many?  I did wash last Saturday, as I always do.  I work full time so that is 5 outfits there, another 5 if I change into something else after work.  This week by the time I decided to change it was late and I pretty much put my 'jammies' on.  Soooo where the hell did all these clothes come from?  I would never ever wash clean clothes, trust me!  So how come so much?  Add on towels, bedding, the throws from the living room.  Damn, I did do a 1000 loads!

 

Went to the dentist yesterday before work.  It was an appointment for a soft adjustment.  I had no idea what I was in store for me but off I went.  I sat in the chair and talked to the Dentist and the Surgeon, both are very pleased with how I'm healing.  How fast things are going.  Apparently they expected me to heal a bit slower with my history.  Not so.  I apologized for my whining and they both assured me I have been fine.  They have some that come in 2 and 3 times a day with issues.  :::wiping brow:::  Thank God that isn't me, I've only been in 2 or 3 times since my surgery.  So out come the teeth and they work on adjusting them by putting a soft acrylic in so they fit better.  A couple adjustments and in goes the top.  The fit is unreal.  Felt like my own teeth.  My good ones before all this nonsense started.  I run my tongue across them and they feel dirty, or rough, so we go to take them out so she can clean the access off.  Guess what.  I can't get them out.  She can't get them out.  I am in tears laughing even though it wasn't funny.  The suction was so strong we had a helluva timebreaking the seal.  Yeah!  Permanent ones!  No worries we did get them out, she cleared off the mess on the outside and in they went.  Then the bottom.  There is no seal there so no worries on not getting them out.  As I bite and wiggle my mouth to check things out I realize I have a good bite.  Better then the last few weeks.  You all know I was getting frustrated with things, even with all the pain and aggravation I had before I was having second thoughts.  A little late, but second thoughts just the same.  Now?  I am thrilled!  I feel like new.  I feel like my bite is right and I will be in good shape when the healing is completely done.  I can chew normal and don't feel like I have to cut everything in baby size portions.  Still a bit sore if I bite on something too hard or thick so no steak yet, but I know now deep in my heart I did the right thing and all will be good.  I will have to go back in about 3-4 weeks and they will do it all again to keep things snug.  Both think I might not have to wait a full year for the 'permanent set', so that is good news.  I will let you all know when I eat that steak. 

 

Well I promised this was the last alert for today and I will hold to that promise :)  I'm off to bed.  Going to get up fairly early and get the last of my shopping done.  YEAH!!!  About 4 stops to make and I'm done.  Well, I think I am.... for now ..............   LMAO

 

Hugs

~d

 


         Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


          Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good night and a wonderful sunday

Deb

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Excellent...teeth are so useful, they are important; we take them for granted but when we loose them we realise how precious they are, for the digestion and other pleasures in life. What an adventure it was for you, but you now seem to be getting there and your new teeth sound wonderful; a new you is emerging feeling more apt to chew, soon the steak again. I also need to pay attention and invest in the future, when I get a job, in re-doing some work in that area.
Valerie
(surreality)

Anonymous said...

Its wonderful that your new teeth are now settling in, I am sure it won't be long before everything will be ok.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

yeah laundry adds up fast. too fast and with five dogs there is always additional too. WOW Im glad your teeth are feeling so good to you. Im glad its all working out well for you. girl you shoudl share a pic of your new peraly smile and your teeth and the hair you got done a while back I love the lamp flashing on the graphic

Anonymous said...

i am so happy that your teeth feel better. GOOD FOR YOU!!! I have not went thru this ordeal yet but if i do, i will come lean on your strong shoulders for advice.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your dentures are settling in OK. Laundry? Hmm, it's YOU buying all the clothes ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear your teeth are settling in, sorry but I did laugh at the way you described getting the top set out! Perhaps mini tire levers could go on your Christmas list! Lol! I'd go round to Jimmy's house if it's steak you want, did you see he's getting his wages paid in meat now? Lol!! Jeannette xx  http://beta.journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

This great news Donna to know all that fear and agonizing was worth it ,Ibet you cant wait to eat a lovely steak again ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

you are a real trooper with your teeth I cry when I go for a cleaning have a great day vicky
PS> I always have tons of laundry and hate it!

Anonymous said...

You did very much and you deserve a well night rest.  I am happy to hear that your teeth fit you so well. Your Dentist must know what he is doing! And I am glad you are healing so perfectly well. Hope all your sores will be a part of history very, very soon. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you ever sleep.........I see you've been busy.
All beautiful animations as usual.  Been talking(via-email) with Jeannette & we both agree you have an addiction, especially when you blame it on someone else....fortunately we all benefit from your addiction....LOL
Thanks for sharing all your beautiful graphics~

Marie

Anonymous said...

Glad to say 'told ya so',LOL.
See-I knew Miss Molly was 'special' she doubles as Santas doggie.too!!
connie

Anonymous said...

awww i'm so happy your healing so well. i can see you eatting that steak anytime now. laundry ugh, hubby took ours this morning and did it, yeaaaaaaa, love my hubby. ((((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going well! I'm here catching up, love all the recent graphics! Wishing you and yours Happy Holidays! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Me too...need to get on the launtry soon!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your teeth are working out great.  You should really be able to enjoy the holidays now!

Is is just me or does santa look almost ghost-like?  I like it, but he seems kind of faint (specially the feet).

Kathy

Anonymous said...

You sound like me difference is youre so lucky to have a washer in the house.
My kitchen is so small that I cant even fit a kitchen table in there. LOL... my kids wear uniform to school and we rarely go out but for some inexplicable reason I always end up with about 2 bags of laudry a week...I think there must be a clothing troll in the laundry room Lmao....
Glad to hear that everything went well in the dentist .. Go on with your bad self !!LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your mouth is doing so well!!  Doesn't seem so long ago you were so afraid of having it done.  Now look at how far you've come!!  You'll be eating that steak SOON!  I just know it!
Hope you got all of your laundry done....now come over and do some of mine will ya??  I'll even feed you (easy to chew stuff of course!!) LOL!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Glad the teeth are feeling so good now!
OMG about getting them stuck...lol
I bet you about shit...i prolly would have
been crying....lol  You are brave.
Maybe some day soon i will go to the dentist...
with the progress you are making it don't seem so bad!
yuck laundry!!!!  Hope u are all caught up now....
Have a good week
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Such good news about the better fit, but more so that you're really happy with the choice.  Nothing like a good set of chompers!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humor....you're so funny!!  Glad you're feeling so much better.  Too bad I don't live closer, I'm one of those "strange" people who LOVES to do laundry!!  It's my favorite household chore! (ha)

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are doing so well! Have a Happy Tuesday!

Tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Heya stranger!

I love love love snowmen, may I snag the last one for my MySpace?