Wednesday, April 18, 2007

~ Blue Bird of Happiness ~

         DsDesignsBlueBirdcopyright.gif


Some of you may remember when I took this picture.  I was looking for a blue bird and decided I would just do this picture a bit different then the first time.  I'm still amazed at the size of the eyes!  LOL  

 

You all know the saying, right?  The blue bird of happiness shitting on your head?  Well, that is what I had today.  I crawled into work today and what a hoot.  I knew the 'doughnut' was good but I hate driving with one.  I know it's there and it isn't a 'real' tire.  So on the highway I drove like a little 'ole lady.  Well, no I didn't, I stayed in the right hand lane.  Most old folks get in the middle or left lane and go 50.  I had the decency to stay out of the flow of traffic.  Work was fine, it was hump day.  I was looking forward to the game tonight and in a hurry to stop and have my tire looked at.  I wanted to make sure I was home in time for the game.  At quitting time I was out of there!  Like a flash.  And no, I generally don't do that.  I walked outside and it was beautiful.  Not necessarily warm, but I saw blue sky.  A sign of hope, a sign that maybe the weathermen would be right.  I drive to the shop, taking my time again.  I pull in and talk to the guy.  He gets my car in the bay and pulls my tire out of the trunk.  He was amazed at how big the piece of metal was.  It was at least the size of a half dollar.  It looked like it could have been the v shaped top of a street sign pole.  He tried to plug it twice.  Both times it popped loose.  I watched and knew I did not want to be driving on that tire at all.  He turned to me, 'ma'am I would not feel right having you drive on this tire, it wouldn't be safe.'  I agreed.  Then I felt the plop of bird shit.  LOL  Ok figuratively speaking.  I knew my tires were not cheap.  Over $125 later and I am on my home.  Grrrr glad I only had to replace 1.  It didn't take long, but lady luck wasn't with me at the tire place.  :::sigh:: oh well, I can drive and be at ease.  No plugged tire and no doughnut.  I'm happy my boys won and are up 3-1 on the series.  Tomorrow on the highway.  Watch out.  :)~

 

Only a couple graphics tonight.  I need to get this old body to bed.  Hope everyone had a good day and I wish you a wonderful Thursday!

 

Hugs

~d

 

            DsDesignsUnicorns.gif

 

                      DsDesignsRoseGarden.gif

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful graphics.  Bummer about the tire.

Krissy :)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got that tire fixed. That tire would have left you stranded!  Have a good night.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I adore the "Blue Bird of Happiness."  The eyes are amazing.  Glad stressful driving days are over.  I went with my son clear to Utah with his car shimmying all the way.  On the way back a tire blew.  And after he got another tire it stopped shimmying.  He was speeding so wouldnt that have been pretty if it blew then  See what you have to look forward to when you are too old to own a car?  Kids say we prefer you don't drive any more.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

Nice graphics, Donna. I am partial to unicorns, so this was my favourite. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Lot of money for a hunk of rubber, now if it had been a hunk in rubber that's a different story lol! Love your graphics as always.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Thank good ness now you are safe ,laughed at Debs comment what is she like ? lol ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at that comment as well.  Beautiful picture, love it.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

well atleast you are safe on your new tire.
you know.......... I was just takling about that shirly temple movie the blue bird the other day. I love that old movie

Anonymous said...

Better to be safe than sorry with the tire.  I'm surprised they didn't make you buy one for the other side to balance things out, like they try to do.  Linda

Anonymous said...

You took that picture of the bird?  Great job!!  You captured it well and what you did with it is very nice.   So glad you got a new tire instead of driving on a retread or fixed one.  You'll be more confident in your driving this way.  Stay safe

Anonymous said...

i bought my 4 tires at WM, Michelin.....pricy but very worth the peace of mind. I am glad you only had to buy one also.
Have a safe and HAPPY Thurs.
HUGS!
lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wow...I guess I didn't realize how much tires cost! Yikes! I'm glad to know that you are now sfae though! :o) Whew! :o) I do love your graphics! I always will! :o) The blue bird does had beautiful big eyes too. ;o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Darn that bird poop, lol. But I am glad your tire is replaced and you can again feel safe on the road. Love the graphics. (((((((hugs))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Isnt it supposed to be lucky if a bird craps on you?,  so pleased that you got your tyre fixed Love the graphics
Love Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Goodness me that's a lot of money for one tyre.  Still it's better having it fixed than to leave it as it was!!

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/

Anonymous said...

I loved the bluebird photo...and the tire, they are high...guess depends on where you shop, and the type of car.  I don't even want to think about how much my tires would cost each.  Loved the tags...beautiful...enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
Joyce