Saturday, April 14, 2007

~ Worth a 1000 Words ~

         DsDesignsGame2.jpg


They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and it is a good portion of the time, but if you think I'm not going to write, you are wrong.  Dead wrong!  ::evil grin::  The boys lost tonight.  They came out extremely flat and within a few minutes they spotted the Isles a 2 goal lead.  Some pretty lucky bounces for New York, but I won't attempt to make excuses.  They came to play from the first second and we didn't.  DiPietro, the Isles number 1 goalie, came back after an injury and he stood on his head.  Something I didn't think he'd do after having been out because of a concussion.  When the boys found their legs they played hard and came back with a vengeance to tie the score.  Then Max, my Maaaaxie, made a bone head play and took a horrible penalty.  :::shaking head::: Score!  The Isles are up 3-2.  GRRRRR  The boys tried and tried to come back to tie it again but no last second heroics today.  Series tied at 1.  I wasn't expecting a sweep (winning 4 games straight to win the series), but I thought home ice would come into play and we'd go to NY with a series lead and then the Isles would play with desperation.  Not so, we have a series.  I'm still confident, but will be completely devastated if there is an upset here. 

 

We didn't go down to the arena.  The rain/snow didn't start but my sister just wasn't up to it.  It was cold and she had a long day yesterday and a busy morning.  She had no energy to fight crowds or be tussled about, and we all agreed it was best not to go.  They did show the 'party zone' a few times during the game and the view of the crowd assured us we made the right decision.  There will be another game.   'Cmon boys get your shit together!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Rose here, from Vancouver. So sorry to hear about the loss tonight. Our Canucks lost Game 2, also. Think they used the excuse that they were too tired from the overtime play on Game 1. Didn't get their wind until almost 12 minutes into the play, and Dallas had already scored in the first minute! Same as the 2nd period, and by that time, there wasn't a hope in hec that we could catch them. ::sigh:: Hopefully tomorrow in Dallas for game 3 will not have the tornadoes post-poning the game. I can't believe the weird weather that is sweeping across your country. Take care, please.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to read your soster is feeling tired ,hope she soon feels better ,still keeping her in my prayers ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

sorry your boys lost. keeping your sister in prayer. ((((((hugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

awwwwww sorry your sister wasnt up to it I do pray she gets better and the weather gets better that will make everyone feel better. Sorry the boys lost.

Anonymous said...

Sorry your team lost, what a bummer, how many do they have to win to be top dogs? On a brighter note my team won 4-1 and are now off to the final at the new Wembly Stadium in may YESSSSS!
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Bummer.  There's always next time -- but hopefully not next season!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I know that feeling....it so sucks..All I can say is BOYS-GET YOUR SH*T together......

Thats how I felt with the White Sox & the Bears...man....sorry....

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry they lost, they will come back and win there next game.
Love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

Wake up call.  Don't take it so hard, it's a best of 7 and this might just put the focus and drive back into them.  Can't take anyone lightly.  I say they will take this series.

Anonymous said...

Oh well, just one game. I think the Islanders were just trying to pull everything together for DiPietro for a night, but Buffalo is definitely the better team in this one. Still wasn't happy about it though... just had my wisdom teeth out Sat. and I'm basically confined to the house so I thought at least I could watch the Sabres kick some a$$ but I guess not. Well, Monday is another day!

Go Sabres!!!

~Helen~

Anonymous said...

h