Monday, April 16, 2007

~ I'm Breathing ~

     DsDesignsGame3.jpg


Yes, yes I am.  I can feel it, I see my chest going up and down or is it in and out while I'm sitting?  Either way I know I am, I'm alive, I still have nails, and I still have my hair.  It might be a tad bit grayer, but it is still connected to my scalp. 

 

The first period was up and down and really not the action I had thought we'd see.  The good thing is the boys didn't spot them 2 goals.  It was more defense then offense.  The period ended 0-0.   The second was totally different.  Buffalo came out with some energy and about 5 minutes in, an unlikely forward, Adam Mair,  scored the first goal.  'Adam, Adam, look adam'  ROFL  Maybe 3 minutes later Thomas Vanek came from behind the net and poked the puck in the corner.  It went under review to confirm it crossed the line.  The puck has to completely cross in order for it to count.  They showed replay after replay on TV while the officials went to the booth.  Hmmm booth?  They call Toronto for reviews!  Anyway it took several minutes and as I watched one of the later replays showed the puck completely disappeared behind the line and then the goalie pushed it out.  I say goal, but they don't consult me.  Damn it I say!  They did award the goal and we were up 2-0.  No I didn't breath then, play off hockey does not give you that luxury.  A minute or so later the Isles are on the board.  GRRRRRRRRR  Another few minutes go by and we score again.  Danny Briere crams one home, top shelf where Momma hides the cookies.  No wonder he has the nickname cookie monster.  ::grin::  The period ends 3-2, the Isles snuck one in the net with seconds left. 

 

The third period was exciting, but no goals.  The boys had 17 shots, some from odd angles and outside ... but the defense was stellar.  They held the Isles to just 2 shots on goal.  At one point near the end of the game a penalty was called on them.  The home town crowd did not like it and started throwing things on the ice, including bottles.  Such class!?!  I don't agree with throwing anything but bottles?  Damn it!!  Just so uncalled for and so dangerous.  Why do some fans have to do that?  I truly think they should be thrown out and all future tickets should be revoked.   Not sure about other fans, but I had a scare early on.  Ryan Miller took a couple shots direct to the mask.  Both times he looked a bit stunned.  What possesses someone to grow up and want to be a goalie?  Frozen rubber being shot at you going about 90 mph.  Ummmm no thanks!   That will probably make news tomorrow.  I do not doubt for one second what our coach said will be taken out of context and will be made to look like he said they intentionally shot at his head.  It wasn't said like that, nor was it implied.  He commented they shot and hit him the head, but no one will finish the statement he made it will end there. 

 

Well, we are ahead in the series 2-1 and I am thrilled.  Not taking things lightly it's playoff hockey.  Game 4 is in NY again on Wed.  I'd like nothing more then to win that one and then end the series at home on Friday with a win. 

 

Before I get caught up in the San Jose/Nashville game I should get to bed.  Hope everyone is drying out and staying warm.   Still raining a bit here but nothing like it was earlier.  I hope I wake up to the sun tomorrow.  Night

 

Hugs

~d

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. Ok. Despite the fact that I lived in Canada for two and a half years, I've never so much as glanced at a game.  But you've convinced me that I need to at least watch a game all the way through.  Lucky for us, Comcast just added a channel called "VS" to our cable listing and Hockey seems to be a primary broadcast...

Anonymous said...

Congrats, sounds like an exciting game lol.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

wowclose one for sure

Anonymous said...

So pleased your boys did well ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad the boys won last night.  Way to go Sabres!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Found myself holding my breath as I read and I knew the final score.  LOL  Good luck in the next game.  Your excitement makes me laugh

Anonymous said...

Hell you have me over here holding my breath too and i dont even understand hockey! Sounds like a GOOD game!! You should have a female sports column and be paid for it.
Love,lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The Sharks won that game!!!! Nashville looks so bad last night.... I watched. The Wings play tonight. They are up 2~0 against the Flames!! Yay!!!! Tawnya

Anonymous said...

Donna, only two shots on goal in the third period. I'll say that is defence.Bill

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Buffalo!! Rose here, just getting ready to finish supper so hubby and I can settle in to watch our Canucks. Hmm, bottles thrown on the ice? Supposed to be lacy underwear, lol. (hubby says your team is the best this year in the league, by the way).

Anonymous said...

Go Buffalo!  Keeping fingers crossed for you!