Thursday, April 12, 2007

~ That's What I'm Talking About ~

     DsDesignsGame1.jpg


The count down began the minute I opened my eyes.  How many hours?  Will I make it?  I had a nervous energy from the second my feet hit the floor.  I had to come out and turn on the news to see the scores from last night.  Two of the games went into extended play, OT, nothing better then Overtime during the playoffs.  Unless you have to work.  Grrrrrrr  I went to bed.  Good thing too as the Dallas/Vancouver game went into 4 overtimes.  With less then 2 minutes left in the 7th period Vancouver scored and ended game 1.  It was almost 4am.  Ouch!! 

 

Work lasted about 40 hours today.  I was ready to pull out my hair.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  I am confident in my boys but anything can happen on any given day.  The slate starts clean and it's do or die.  I want so bad to have my boys bring home the cup.  You have no idea, and I can't explain it.  I stopped at my friends and had a nice pasta dish with her.  Got the baskets and made it home in time for the pre-game show.  They showed a video before the game and it brought me to tears.  Scenes from home, lyrics by the Goo Goo Dolls that just hit the spot. (The Goo Goo Dolls are from Buffalo in case you didn't know.)  I couldn't wait for the puck to drop.  My tummy did flips and my hands shook.  Do it!!!

 

 

                

 

The game started and the boys played patient.  They knew their breaks would come.  Timmy fed the puck to Brian Campbell and score!  We are up 1-0.  In hockey these days that means nothing.  I know first hand as I've seen the boys come back from being down 4-0 and win.  My nerves were shot.  I want this!  The game wore on with speed and grace.  The Isles tied it up after one of the boys stayed on the ice a bit too long.  He was tired and gave the puck up and it ended up in our net.  That was all she wrote for the Islanders.  Christopher scored, then Brian again, the Christopher again.  Ryan was stellar in net.  YEAH BABY that's what I'm talking about.  The faces tell the story better then I ever could.  Besides it's late and I have a huge meeting in the morning.  Need to get to bed. 

 

Fifteen wins to go... 'cmon boys it is your year!!

 

Hope you all had a great day.. will post more tomorrow.  Nightie Night.

 

Hugs

~d

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed it!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I love going to the games... good for you!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Good grief you've even managed to get me on edge and I have never seen an Ice hockey game lol. Well done for #1 good luck for the rest lol.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

you sure are one of the most excited fans I have seen in a game. I dont know much about hockey but you sure make it seem exciting. ALL those overtimes sounds like both teams were worthy fighters and oppponets. sounds like a great game

Anonymous said...

You should be a sports announcer, cause the way you describe it, it's like we are there. I am serious. (((((((hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Lol I love how you write it all down i could be sat listening to the game. With you as a fan they better win the cup or else lol.
lots of hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

I agree with a comment - you could be an announcer...I felt like I was there...

GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!!

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Pat Sajak mentioned your boys on Regis this morning. I just smiled and thought of you.
LOVE, lj

Anonymous said...

D - Isn't that video the best?  How can you not get chills watching it??!!!  And although you gave a wonderful play by play, I must say girlfriend....You are NO Rick Jeanerette! LMAOOO  Go Sabres!!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I know you are having a blast during these playoffs.  Nerve racking?  LOL

Anonymous said...

You have capture the essence of the game.  Tension, focus, intensity, and excitement.  All in one graphic!  Says a lot about you and the feelings you have for the boys as you call them.  Outstanding!  The video only adds to it, I even got chills.  Great entry