Tuesday, April 3, 2007

~ There's No Place Like Home ~

DsDesignsIdoBelieve.jpg


Whuuuuuuuuu huuuuuuuuuuuu the boys did it!  They clinched their division as well as the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference.  Advantage?  Home ice throughout the Eastern Division Playoffs.  Congrats Boys!  I'm just a little stoked ::grin::  They played the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight and won 4-1.  Sorry Kim, but the Crosby fest couldn't end quick enough for me.  I think the guys from Versus are paid by him or the 'guins.  I will agree he is a great player, but enough!  There were some 40 other guys out there tonight, lets give credit.  K, 'nuff on that.  They did it but still have a ways to go now,,,, I do believe!

 

The background on the graphic is not a picture I took but it was appropriate.  Obviously an aerial view of sorts.  I think it is from a tall building nearby.  You can see the HSBC Arena (home ice) and of course the 'real home' ice on the lake in the background.  (I think the picture of the arena is old as it looks like it is still under construction.  That blue tarp does not exist and there is a full glass front there now.  Or it was something added during the NCAA tournament)  I actually covered up the old arena with some of the boys, but that is where Bass Pro will be going.  The bridge you see is the Skyway.  Oh it's fun in winter driving on that sucker!  It is a bit dwarfed here, but in wind and snow it generally closes. 

 

If the picture is in fact recent, you can see open water along with ice.  Should be fun as they are calling for snow.  Can you say lake effect?

 

YEAH BABY............... I DO BELIEVE

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH IM so not ready for this cool down. BUT congrats to your team!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the boys.  I watched the game on Versus last night, too, and was really pleased to see them play so well and win the game.  Nice work on the graphic!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, party time now lol.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Glad your boys won. Congratulations
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

Donna, I have been away for a week in SC.
Congrats to the boys and you.
Looks like the Flyers and going to set a record. The most losses ever in the franchise and that is a hard record to break. Probably the worst team in the whole NHL.
Bill

Anonymous said...

Not more snow, please!! It's spring now, you need sunshine by the bucketful! Well done to your boys for making #1 seed and clinching their division! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the boys....woo hoo!!

I don't like the look of that road that's stuck up on sticks..lol!!

Lv Ste
xxx

Anonymous said...

I see 'the boys' made you happy.  That's nice to see.  Great job on the picture, and I to noticed the backwards guy.  LOL