Friday, April 27, 2007

~ Some Talent, Speed, & Luck ~

Game4-27.jpg


Tonight the game started a bit different.   The Rangers came out firing on all cylinders.  They swarmed our net for long stretches at a time.  Miller was stopping shot after shot.  I felt my tummy flip as I thought of game 2 in the last round.  The boys came out slow and ended up losing.  About 10 minutes in they beat Miller while on the power play.  OUCH!!  I hate it when the opposing team scores first.  I didn't want a repeat.  Sure the boys have come back on many occasions this season, but this is the playoffs.  You need to jump on the opponent and not look back.  Before I could really process my thoughts the boys headed into their zone.  A beautiful pass by Tim Connolly to Brian Campbell, and WHAM to the back of the net.  A perfect slap shot as Brian made his way towards the net.  The Rangers were not going away, they continued their flurry on Miller.  When the period was over they had out shot the boys 13-4.  Four shots?  WTH!!?! The boys are so much better then that, but the score was tied at 1 so I was still breathing.   The second period was more of the same.  The Rangers seemed to want this win more.  They continued to outshoot us, though it wasn't as bad as the first.  The boys looked like they were skating in quicksand.  The passing was horrible!  I was getting really PO'd and on more then one occasion I let out a few choice words.  With about 2 minutes left in the second the Rangers scored again.  SHIT!  Another power play goal.  Something you cannot do with Jagr on the ice, you can't give them a man advantage.  Period ends with the Rangers ahead 2-1.  I paced around between periods, I was a bit nervous.  I sat down at the computer to take my mind off the game and try to relax.  The third period starts and I am reading mail.  LOL  I opened the second piece of mail in my box and as I was reading we score.  Thirty eight seconds in Christopher Drury scores to tie the game.  A beautiful tip off a shot by Lydman.  I giggled.  I was reading mail from their lucky charm.  I've been saying it all season and he didn't fail me tonight.  Thanks Babes!  LOL  A goal I only saw on replay but I was just thrilled it went in.  The boys got their legs and started skating.   The forced plays in the offensive zone and helped keep the puck away from our end.  Ten minutes in Thomas Vanek put home a slap shot and the boys are up 3-2.  I am nervous and feeling my hair turn gray as the minutes tick off.  The Rangers are still pounding.  Miller stands on his head more then once to stop the puck from going in the net.  With less then 2 minutes to go we get called for a penalty and go short handed.  DAMN IT!!  I didn't bit my nails, but I was extremely nervous.  I have a ton of faith in Miller but he is being bombarded.  Stretch.. save... slide.. save... reach save... and the buzzer goes off.  The boys win 3-2 YEAH!!!  The Rangers out shot the boys 33-18, and sure, some were in clear view of Miller, but he had to stop them and did, all except 2.  He made the big saves when he needed to and kept the boys in the game.  Definitely my first star!  I am breathing a bit better but this series is far from over.  It's on to NYC for a game on Sunday afternoon.  It will be on NBC  ::plugging nose::  I am glad the game will be national but I hate the announcers....   but they aren't calling the penalties in the game so I will live.  Keep it up boys!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just hit me, Miller is from Michigan, right?  I've heard great things about him.  Didn't realize he was one of your boys.  YEAH on the win!  Series lead 2-0 is good, I'm happy for you

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your boys are really going for it good luck to them.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Good luck to the boys!  De ;)

Anonymous said...

Come on you boys ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Good Luck to your boys. (((((((hugs)))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

i enjoy reading about your passion for this sport. I sure hope they win it all.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

2 down, 2 to go - Thinking positive! Congrats to the boys!

Anonymous said...

not much more to go

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a nerve wracking game!  Thanks goodness for Miller!  Glad the boys pulled this one off.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

Hockey's having a bad influence on me, lately. As my eldest pointed out, "why are you watching hockey, when it's not even the Canucks playing?"  I told her that I've been following someone's journal that favours Buffalo, and I am enjoying the playoffs.   But, I must admit that I have always had a fondness for Shanahan and Jagr (goes back a long, long time). So, when I watch Buffalo and New York, I have to remember to enjoy and take deep breaths, lol. Still routing for Buffalo to win the series, though.

Anonymous said...

Ü
Go Rangers???  :::::::giggle:::::::
<GRIN>

Anonymous said...

Guess what, I haven't watched one single hockey game this season.  That is just not like me. Congrats to your boys and good luck! : )  Love, Shelly