Sunday, April 29, 2007

~ Double OT ~

DsDesignsGame34-29.jpg


The Rangers were a bit desperate today.  No way in hell did they want to go down in the series 3-0.  The first period was close and lots of up and down action.  I thought the boys looked out of it.  Passes were not crisp and they looked tired.  Sure maybe the travel on the normal day off, but damn it's only an hour flight, and the Rangers had to travel too.  Mid way through the second Jagr put the Rangers on the board.  He was a man on a mission after being more or less shut down the first two games.  I've always said he was great player when he wants to be, today he wanted to be.  The boys went 1 for 9 on the power play.  Totally unacceptable.  Some of those they didn't even get a shot on net.  The Rangers wanted this bad.  The second ended with them up 1-0.  Mid way through the third the boys came to life on the power play and Danny Briere scored.  Game tied at 1 when the third period ended.  In the playoffs when a game is tied they go into sudden death overtime.  Each period is 20 minutes, unless someone scores.  The first OT was a wild flurry near both nets.  Goalies stood on their head and kept the game intense.  The boys, well honestly they had no business being there, but they looked like just might pull the comeback off, when Derek Roy hit the post with a shot that came oh so close to going in. The first OT ended and another 15 minute break before they made their way to the ice.  You know fatigue is setting in at this point and it's a matter of mistakes and who makes less of them.  With about 4 minutes left in the second OT the Rangers scored to end the game.  Score 2-1 Rangers, series 2-1 Buffalo.  Game 4 will be at MSG on Tuesday.  Game fours are considered to be pivotal with a lot at stake.  The boys don't want to let the Rangers stick around and tie the series and the Rangers don't want Buffalo to go up 3-1.  Should prove to be interesting.  All season long the Sabres wanted to keep from losing 2 in a row.  They were pretty successful for the most part.  Lets hope they can regroup, get focused and come out strong for a win. 


Tags:

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith Miss D!    You have me sitting on pins and needles here.
XOXOX lj

Anonymous said...

We had to get ready to go to my brother-in-law's for dinner tonight, and hubby couldn't believe that I was still glued to the TV, watching hockey. I was still routing for your team until the end. Our Vancouver Canucks also lost tonight. Better luck next time, I say. Seems that you just can't predict the outcome of these games, that's for sure. Keep the faith, Donna . . .

Anonymous said...

hope the next game goes your way.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

I liked your description of the goalies standing on their heads to protect their goals.  
I enjoyed reading this entry as it was short enough for me to take in a bit more information.  I'm learnig about the game slowly thanks to you.   Jeanie

Anonymous said...

now that osunds like an exciting game

Anonymous said...

I am sure they will regroup and come out stronger next time...great entry...you should be a sports announcer...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

As Joyce says you missed your vocation ,you could be a sports commentatorlol ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
I watched this game and enjoyed it, but I agree with you about the boys looking a bit tired during this one.  I really thought they would score during all the flurries in the first overtime, but it didn't happen.  I wish them luck in the next one Tuesday night.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I had my sick butt on the couch watching it.
all I kept thinking about is YOU wondering if you have a voice today? LOL
please know too because I havent been on pc that daily your family in my thoughts and prayers, going to candle site before pc freezes up.

Anonymous said...

We'll let em have this one and take the next two - Your boys can take em!. Have a great week - Take care and blessings to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Woo Wee!  Sounds exciting.  De ;)

Anonymous said...

hey...we needed to win at least one!  
Maybe it's the Rangers turn to win a few...<VBG>
I think this might just go to 7 games.
Go Rangers...  Ü
Marie

Anonymous said...

I saw a good portion of the game.  It was exciting and I sat at the edge of my seat through most of it.  I don't know how you can say the boys didn't play.  I thought they looked good.  They will bounce back on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

When you describe the goings on with these boys, I feel as though I am there watching it too. I really do think you should be a sports announcer, you are so good at it. ((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Love,
Cindy