Saturday, April 14, 2007

~ Yes, I'm Still Up ~

        DsDesignsATragedyWithin.gif


Yes, I am still up and sitting at the computer.  I always get very pumped up during the boys games and when I don't have to get up in the morning it's just as easy to stay up.  If I go to bed all I do is toss and turn in bed.  Win or lose it's always the same.  I also decided to keep the play off entries by themselves, no mix and matching there.  (I apologize for multiple entries.)  Now that's not to say my entries with graphics won't have mix and match.  LOL  It's evident in this entry that I have a no theme and a complete opposite scope. 

 

I'm not in a dark mood, but I wanted to do something with the two graphics.  They don't work together unless it's somewhat dark.  I added the rain and lightening, and tried to make it appear that she is walking out of the storm.  I'm not sure what made me add the saying, but it was shortly after the hockey game that I finished it up and, well, I guess I was feeling tragic.  LOL  It's really here nor there, I kind of like it and I know there are some out there that love this type of graphic. 

 

The cutesy ones, well what can I say.  I did a couple awhile back and adored the way they came out.  They are not your traditional blinkies, but hey I'm no good at doing those.  Yeah yeah, I know you're out there thinking I'm no good at these either, but hey what can I say other then comment on it with your real name and maybe we will give you some credit.  Until then........   ::raising my middle finger at you::  Ooopppsss sorry I didn't mean to go there, but ya'll know who it is I'm talking to.  Yeap, that little troll. 

 

Had a visit from my son earlier today.  It was nice to sit and talk to him.  We are planning on a dinner soon.  His girlfriend just got back from a trip to California so as soon as things settle down a bit we will do something.  Thinking it won't be tomorrow, but maybe next Sunday.  He has been working 3-11 with a bit of overtime and next Saturday is the benefit.  I can't believe how fast that came up.  My spare room tells a story though.  It has quickly filled up with more baskets.  I think there are 10 back there now.  My other sister has several, and the girls putting on the benefit have a good 100.  They also have some big prizes for a raffle and some for a silent auction.  It seems to be coming together.  Tomorrow we will go out and get hamburgers.  My sisters, my mother, and I will be making bar-b que burgers.   Ok, I'll fess up.  I will help pay for them, but most likely my Dad will cook them and my Mom will get the sauce going.  She makes a killer sauce so it's best that way.  :::giggle:::  and yes, she bought it hook, line, and sinker.   Actually, she will get it going on Thursday/Friday and we have to work.  She also has an old fashion gas/wood burning stove in her garage that she uses for canning etc, so she has the space. 

 

Once again I find myself rambling.  Guess this would be a good time to stop, turn everything off, and crawl in bed.  Toss or not, it's almost 1:30.  Hope everyone had a great Saturday and I wish you a peaceful Sunday.

 

Hugs

~d

 

                    DsDesignsHelloDoll.gif

 

                 DsDesignsAttitudeSealed.gif

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be the rain because I feel like staying up and pulling an all nighter with PSP lol. The troll at it again? I would have thought by now they had a spray for those things : )
I love the graphics, love the lightning motion and the saying is perfect on the top and the blinkies are so girly and I love that. Well done, now get some sleep lol
I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Very nice graphics, Donna. Hubby just bought me PSP VI, and I don't have a clue how to use it to do any of the things that you do. Any pointers? So far, I've managed to look at the message boards on tutorials that Corel put up, but haven't been able to figure out layers, animations or blinkies. I was having more fun with my scrapbooking program and pictures, but wanted to experiment with things that I've seen done on other people's journal. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love em, D!  I'm not that crazy about the traditional looking blinkies anymore anyway.  LOL..actually, they really sort of bug me.  Love the dark one also.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Awwww the tags are great hun!! Hope you got some good sleep. Laine xxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

Havent you done well with the baskets ,It proves how many people care ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Gosh!  What a lot of baskets you have already!   How generous and kind natured are the folks in your neighbourhood.  Still praying for your dear sister.  Wonderful graphics as usual too.  I love the rain and lightning one the best.  Now that's really smart!  I hope your dinner with your son gets off the ground soon.  Take care and God Bless.
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Personally, i think you make awesome blinkies and tags and graphics. I will join you with the middle finger if neccasary. Enjoy those hamburgers and good times with the family. I am glad you and your son and his gf will get together soon also.
love,lj

Anonymous said...

ah your son visits sure canmake you happy i can tell that. HEY get this we had 30's and a cold rain and then had a flash of lighting and thunder!!!! so the garhic almost fits lol

Anonymous said...

Love the lightening, I love dark matches my thoughts lol.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Loved your attitude graphic...have a good Sunday.
luv bella  xx

Anonymous said...

I like your blinkies....and the dark graphic. :o) It's been looking like that here! ggrr weather wise. Crazy weather! :o) I sangged so thank you Donna! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

 Hope you slept well and have a Great Sunday.

               Julie

Anonymous said...

Your blinkies are PERFECT in every way!  So there!

Anonymous said...

I love them all....and you are good with blinkies....come on now....

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Nice graphics Donna. When you posted this, it was broad daylight already my side of the pond ;-)

Anonymous said...

Surprise.  Another layer. LOL  Great graphics.  

Anonymous said...

Donna, you do take your hockey very seriously. You may have noticed no one else posted about hockey. Don't give up the series is young and I am sure your boys will get up for the next game. Bill

Anonymous said...

The lightning graphic is very striking.  Ha.  But how fun to experiment with these effects  I can see why you need the dark to make the lightning stand out. Glad the event for your sister is taking shape.  I have been back a couple of time to light a candle.  It is strange how doing that can give you this feeling of concentrated thought.  I hope it helps her.  But I do think the lightning graphic would fit what someone wants to say.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love all your graphics ~ the first one is moody and that's great.  The cute ones I think you've done really well :-)  Glad you got to see your son for a bit and it sounds like the benefit is really coming along.

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love these.. I like the first one best.. I'm not much into cutesy although I like some from time to time.. maybe I'm a "dark" person.
Glad you had a nice visit.  Your mom's sauce sounds like my mom's gravy .. I can make ANYTHING in this world besides gravy .. Mine never turns out.. my mom makes the best gravy so when I have a family dinner SHE always has to make the gravy.

Now I'm rattling.. btw I like when people rattle it show the real person... not thought up stuff if you know what I mean.

I so badly wanted to comment in the troll's journal.  Seems troll doesn't know the correct uses of your and you're.  But I really didn't want to give him/her more comments. ;)

Luv ya!
Promise