Tuesday, April 24, 2007

~ What Gives You the Right? ~

                 DsDesignsPrison.gif


I often wonder what makes people think they don't have to follow the rules.  What gives them the right to lie, steal, harass, and bend the rules to fit their needs?  Why is it they feel their sadness, sorrow, or past gives them a free pass?  'Rules are meant to be broken' doesn't always apply.  I'm pretty sick of people who think their need to be 'top dog' outweighs everything else.  No one else matters, no one else has feelings, or is being inconvenienced by their actions.  People should not have to conform themselves because someone else feels the world owes them.  I'm really sorry everyone's life isn't full of cheer and roses.  Mine isn't either.  I don't go around lying and stretching the truth to make myself feel better.  I am me.  I don't expect anyone to drop what they are doing to take care of my needs.  I sure as hell don't blame others for my actions.  I stand up for myself, admit when I'm wrong, and correct the mistakes I can.  I do not lock myself in a miserable place only to drag others with me.   Life is what you make it.  Friends are friends because they enjoy your company, have a belief, trust you without strings attached, not because they are forced.  Not because they owe you, or because the world owes you.  Relax, follow the rules, enjoy the company of people, and most of all be yourself.  Don't put yourself in a prison and expect people to join you.  Try to force them to join you.  Life is what you make it.  Your surroundings are what you make.  If you're unhappy change it.  Life is about risks, about change, about learning from mistakes and growing, not blaming others for shortcomings and thinking you are owed something.  Dare to try, dare to change, try it I bet you find some happiness.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

wow... something happen?

Anonymous said...

There's a few of them right here in this journal world, I'd love to name names but that's not my style. Those who call them friends and fall for their acts will oneday see their true colors.

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

uh oh...what happened???

Anonymous said...

you said it sister!!!!!!!!! I read in a friends journal that your get that YOUR attitude is what makes a differnece and this take care of ME ME ME attitude is ruing the world today.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Amen.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Pretty deep!  I have to wonder what happened, what made this come out, showing another layer.  You are very interesting to say the least.  I like it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you said it!  I don't know where this came from, but I can relate to every word you said.  Nicely put!!
If you ever want to talk about anything you know I'm just an email away.  But I bet you knew that!

Luv,
Promise
http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/PromiseMe/
http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/TheJournalJar/

Anonymous said...

Wow...I hope all is OK to make you say what you have so eloquently posted here.
Hugs,
Gina

Anonymous said...

The Apostle Paul said he had learned to be content in all situations; plenty or little, feast or famine.  Sometimes we can change circumstances, sometimes we can't.  But we can always change how we are viewing them, what our attitude is about them, and whether or not we are going to try to change them.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Some people are just so wrapped up in themselves that they are blind to everything else it's sad. Everyone has hard times and everyone sometimes wallows in self pity but there is no need to burden others with your hurt. Good entry.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Well said, I couldnt have put it better myself,
Love Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

How true,Like they say if life gives you lemons .....make lemon aid. Now thats refreshing

Love & Hugs  Diane

Anonymous said...

{{{Hugs}}}  The biggest life lesson I learned at an early age is that only I can make the positive choices and changes in my life.   When there are bumps in the road I choose to go over them happy.  

Have a good day today.  :)

Anonymous said...

Well said ,that needed saying ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Great entry!!!
Very well put Donna
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Absolutely right, Donna :-D)

Anonymous said...

Amazing tag. You are an amazing lady.

love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post!
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more!
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Very well said. Are you ok? ((((((((hugs)))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Excellent entry, but I must say people like that don't benefit very much from reading it ......BECAUSE THAT ISN'T THEM :-).
Their PARTICULAR situation is soooooooooo different.
Cough   chuckle       sigh        
ps it makes me think about the lady that won't return a goat to the pasture...... she keeps it in a mini van.....people are so against her & so cruel she says LOL.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love what you say in this entry...

I know you say in your next entry that it wasn't pointed at anyone...but I know a few bloggers that could and should take it to heart. I know some people here in my RL that should do it too.  It is just how it is...

{{{ Donna }}}

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

A good entry and great words :-)

Jenny