Monday, April 30, 2007

~ Be Happy ~

             DsDesignsMinnieBeHappy.gif


Yes, I can say that now.  I will tell you I was absolutely wild for the past several hours, and I could have easily looked like a crying Minnie.  You all know I had issues yesterday.  The more I mentioned it the more I heard how others had problems too.  I was told it related to cable connection, DSL, and Dial Up.  I am on cable and could not figure a connection between all 3 but was assured it was an area issue and no one could help.  I was so frustrated.  I could get to a main web page a good portion of the time, but if I clicked on a link, nothing.  I'd get a blank white page and it said done.  Yeah, done like toast.  Burnt toast!  If I wanted to log into a secure site I could just forget it.  The boxes to enter my information didn't even appear.  Funny thing neither did the ads on AOL.  LOL  Upload.  Not on your life!  I was lucky enough to get a few up yesterday but today I had the same issues.  I was so pissed off.  I dropped more 'f bombs' in the past 2 days.  Journals?  Oh yeah right!  Once every say 10 alerts I got I could visit the journal.  Maybe 3 I could comment on.  I had more alerts in my in-box then I care to admit.  It was a waste of time to be here to say the least.  Then the evening news said if it was a cable connection, reboot and disconnect the modem.  Wait a few minutes and plug back in and start up.  Well, I did that yesterday a couple times and again today.  Did freakin nothing!   So I go to the cable company web site.  They are in the process of changing over to another company but not everyone is 'moving' at once.  I check my zip code and it says I've not been changed.  So I go to their tech support.  Hey what else do I have to do besides sit there and wait?  I mean why would I be surprised that no other page works but that one does.  Minutes turn to hours and now it's becoming more about principle.  Finally I get help.  I got through all that I've done only to be told I was switched over and I had to go to other companies support area.  OMG!  Can you say smoke out the ears?  Eyes bulging?  Blood pressure going sky high?  I gave that tech a few choice words and a good piece of my mind.  Why did they not have that on the main page?  I checked and it said no.  How stupid is that?  They could avoid so much trouble if they just posted additional information on their main page.  Or at least updated it.  I went to the other companies tech support.  Five minutes tops.  I was fixed.  She said she couldn't see me connected.   I shut down my firewall, went to one site.  POOF there in a heartbeat... just like it always had been.  Turned firewall back on and presto I was as good as gold.  I was appreciative to the girl who helped the second time and wrote a wonderful note complimenting her.  The company before?  Oh they got an earful.  Can you say credit?  BIG Credit!    With all that said and done I have to wonder how many folks know how they are actually connected to the Internet.   Kind of cracks me up.  Either way I am fixed and will spread the word.  If you are in my area and the cable connection is changing try turning off the firewall for a minute go to site and then turn it back on.  The girl in tech support assured me she did nothing on her end.  Things just needed to recognize each other.  Soooooooooooo I am happy.  I'm tired.. but I'm happy. 

 

I'm off to bed... will wake up happy.... now this just better work in the am.  LOL Hope you all had a good day.  I will try to catch up on journals during the week.  I know I emailed some of you when I could actually get to your journal but couldn't comment. 

 

Hugs 

~d

 

DsDesignsBetteDavis.gif  <--- me after the night I had with tech support.  Notice the stiff drink  ::wink::

 

 

             DsDesignsMagicalDoll.gif

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee!  that is good news that you found the problem.  Tech support is joke at most places these days.  They have little cards they read and if they can't find the answer, oh well.  How rude for the first person not to try and help you'd think they would know.  Maybe there is no notice on the main page to keep some employed a bit longer?  Laughed at Bette, you are much much prettier, but I can see how you would want that drink.  hahaha  

Anonymous said...

So glad things worked out!!  Glad you're happy, I know the feeling!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

It would of made my eyes (and head) look like Betty Davis's Eyes, to put up with what you had to indure.  But...so thankful for YOU and your persistance.  Know that it only happens to the Best, Take care of you and yours, always Katie

Anonymous said...

I am always having trouble with web pages and it is nearly always to do with the firewall which I pay aol for and they keep telling me i don't have one lol.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

wo wosunds like a big mess and they should have had it done a better way. I love betty davis

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you had a hard time!  Linda

Anonymous said...

my first time come here, then i don't know how access to this page,it does well.
cause my english is poor,and  i'm not a American,so i'm not sure i can see this page again.  hope writer can leave a message in my email,then i can often come here  

Anonymous said...

my first time come here, then i don't know how access to this page,it does well.
cause my english is poor,and  i'm not a American,so i'm not sure i can see this page again.  hope writer can leave a message in my email,then i can often come here  

Anonymous said...

So glad your cable connection is back and up and running.  Gagh!  Have a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to go through all of that, Donna.  I'm glad the solution was simple, but I agree the cable companies should have gotten the trouble shooting info out to the customers before they started the switch.  Glad you are back up and running strong again.
Sam

Anonymous said...

That must have been so frustrating ,AOL  should carry a public health warning lol ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

oh man, i am so sorry you had to go through all of that. but i am glad your back with us again. i hope you were able to get a good night's sleep. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I wish I had thought of that when my computer went on the blink.  I might not have given theo odd thing or two a hard bash!
You live and learn from experience.  Glad things are now sorted out again.
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better about things today.
Missie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Your tags are awesome. I hate it when you are so frustrated. I have been there and will be there again. Damn PC's. As much as we pay for them you'd think they'd run correctly.
I love the song Bette Davis Eyes.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad it's all fixed now, but sorry you had to go through hell to get there..UGH!  I loveeee that song Bette Davis Eyes too...hey that looks like me hungover..haha!
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

What a nightmare but at least you got it fixed :-)

Jenny

Anonymous said...

testin alerts