Thursday, April 5, 2007

~ This and that and Thursday ~

                        DsDesignsGolfCourse-1.gif


Just a normal, regular day today except for the snow and ice.  I had to take a bit of a detour on my way to work this morning as the highway was closed because of a 9 car pile up.  Not much news on that except I had to drive the back roads and it was slow going.  They were coated in ice and many vehicles had a hard time getting traction.  Mostly the smaller trucks, apparently the warm weather led them to believe winter was over and they took out their extra weight.  Slow and steady was my motto.

 

I want to apologize for the missed IM's this evening.  Between watching my boys and playing in PSP I never even saw them.  Game was good and the boys won.  They have now tied the franchise record for most wins in a season.  Ryan Miller also now holds the franchise record for most wins in a season. Congrats Ryan!!  We have two more regular season games and currently they are in a battle with Detroit for the Presidents Trophy (best record in the league for the regular season).

 

I had some fun with graphics too.  The opening graphic was one that I just thought was pretty.  I liked the little brook.  I didn't even realize at first it was a golf course.  I zoned in on that water and what I was going to do.  Figured with golf it was a good one to use as the Masters started today.  LOL  The bookworm... oh he was just too cute.  I added some other graphics, the window and scene and had some fun with it.  I spent so long trying to get the globe to rotate, but I was not happy with the results.   It twitched and rocked and lost it's clarity.  I dumped it and just made the light blink a bit.  Don't be surprised if you see that globe moving in another graphic.  I only gave up for tonite, not for good.  I am far from a perfectionist, but I hate to have my graphics look spazzy. (ok so some of you think all of them are anyway) I thought about glitter but sometimes when you add glitter to other movements it looks pathetic.  I hate when they get distorted or move in a jumpy/flashing motion.  Makes my head hurt and I'd rather spare you that experience.  I still like it, but I'd be much happier with the globe moving. The little flower girl.  I love her.  The actual graphic came in an egg type setting.  It was pretty but I wanted her on one of my pictures.  I removed the existing background and put her in a picture I had taken last year around this time.  I was playing around with the effects and thought this way gave it the look of her walking out of the picture.  Kinda... what do you think?  That reflective pool.  Ohhhhhhh with the freezing temperatures we are having I wanted to be at that garden and NOW!  Anyone care to join me for a nice girly drink with an umbrella by the pool?  Ahhh and last but not least sweetheart kisses... plain and simple, but with lots of meaning.  With that I will blow kisses and bid you good night, surely it is more then obvious I really have nothing to say. 

 

Wish you all a good night and a great Friday.  I have a half day..... whuuuuuuu huuuuuuuu

 

Hugs

~d

 

                           DsDesignsBookWorm.gif

 

                       DsDesignsPickingFlowers.gif

 

   DsDesignsReflectiveGarden.gif

 

             DsDesignsSweetheartkisses.gif

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend with family...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Actually ,NONE  of your graphics ,ever look 'spazzy' these are all lovely ,Have a blessed Easter ...with love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

cute graphics. wow that is reallly pretty the trees on that one. yeah after this winter blast so late all our flowrs are going to dye!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad your boys won. Thanks so much for your help yesterday and for the email telling me where I went wrong (will try to do better next time teach lol). Your graphics are beautiful if I can make something half as good I will die a happy girlie lol.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow!  These are great.  I've not seen a 'spazzy' graphic from you yet.  Some how I don't think I will either.  I have traveled a few journals and seen many like you speak.  It's all in the eye of the beholder.  At first I wondered why, then came to the conclusion that some folks must think the more movement the better, or they are so sweet they just comment on the beauty to be kind.  We've all heard the motto, 'if you have nothing nice to say do not say anything'  Funny thing, no where does it say lie.  You, my dear lady, do not have to worry your visitors speak the truth.

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))))I love your graffics!I dont see any spazzy graffics from you.Hope you have a blessed Happy Easter and a great weekend.

http://journals.aol.com/hugsdoodlewacky/Mandy/
http://journals.aol.com/hugsdoodlewacky/JournalingToGod/

Anonymous said...

 Love all the graphics.  I would love to be sitting by the pool with warm sun on my face.  It is in the 20's here, burrrrrr.  No snow though.

                     Julie

Anonymous said...

Love them all!! You do not EVER have Spazzy ones, they are out there, but not from you....

Drinks, sunshine, umbrellas?? When do we go?

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

you always have such great graphics, thanks for sharing them with us, have a great weekend, MISSY

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

beautiful even!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Awww the tags are beauiful hun. Love Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm going to claim my seat by that pool Donna! Sorry it's still co wintery where you are. Dare I say we had a gorgeous day today, even our chef from Morocco said it was too hot out! Let it get as hot as it likes, I love it! I love all these graphics, the little bookworm's cute sitting on his pile of books! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I wanna sit by the pool and have a few drinks!
It's SOOOO cold here...and snowing..UGH!
I snagged the little girl picking flowers...reminds
me of when i was little going out in the field when i
lived with my grandparents..and picking easter lilies...
sweet memories ..thanks!
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

love your tags. it is snowing here. Cold too.
I hope you see your son for Easter if possible and have a wonderful weekend.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

What a great variety of beautiful work!  Thanks for sharing.  I always enjoy it when you explain how you came up with ideas, or how you made them so pretty.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

It's a shame the globe didn't end up the way you wanted but the graphics look great anyway :-)  Best idea to drive slowly when it's a bit treachourous out there!!

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife