Sunday, April 8, 2007

~ Magical ~

               DsDesignsMagical-1.gif


I did this graphic the other day.  When I saw it I found it magical.  I never used it because I was posting Easter graphics but today I thought it was perfect.  Today was magical.   We went to my parents.  When my family gets together it's a definite party.  I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers, spouses, kids, significant others.  It's a houseful to say the least.  We brought dinner :)  Chicken Parm, pasta, sliced ham and cheese, polish sausage, rolls, rye bread, beans, salad, and all the sides for a relish tray.  Not your traditional Easter meal, but nothing in my family is traditional.  Dinner was awesome and let me say I ate way too much.  After clearing the table we sat with our coffee and had dessert.  Home made ice cream cake.  Whooa!  Out of this world!!!  My Mom made her traditional rabbit cake.  White cake with white frosting and coconut in the shape of a bunny.  When we were kids we had that every year.  It's been awhile and I chuckled when I saw it.  I don't think it even got cut.  Just as we cleared the dessert plates Renee and her family showed up.  She brought a homemade razberry cheese cake.  I was so stuffed I didn't even try it, but others raved so I know it was good.  Bug...the doll that she is went right to her great grandma and sat on her lap.  Of course right next to her aunt.  I think kids have a sense.  Not knowing the details, but knowing...... She gravitated right to my sister.  Talking, giggling, telling stories.  I heard her say I love you several times.  Just too damn cute.  Magical. 

 

I did get a few pictures, but I was busy.  Watching hockey, the scores of the other games, and of course eating.  Bug was sitting and trying to roll her tongue.  Not up but in half if you understand what I mean.  Like a funnel.  She couldn't do it.  She used her fingers, everything she could think of it but it wouldn't roll.  Only rolling was us on the floor laughing.  I was able to snap a shot of her with a nice smile when she took a break.  The bunny is my nephews girlfriend and then one my nieces.  They look like they could be sisters at times and this seems to be one of them.  Is it true the more you are around people the more you look like them? 

 

    DsDesignsEaster2007.gif

 

Well, my day was magical, full of love and laughter, and I'm tired.  I do hope everyone had a great day.  Happy Easter!

 

Hugs

~d

 

           DsDesignsSleepTight-2.gif

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those graphics I Hop eyou had a wonderful day

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter. If I wasn't a diabetic I would have brought a lot of those desserts home with me LOL. Helen

Anonymous said...

Cool graphic. Sounds like you had a great Easter & enjoyed yourself

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

overall here in J Land, almost everyone had a GOOD Easter and i am thankful for that. Waitress made a bunny cake that sounds just like yours. I will post it later and you tell me if it looks like the one you had. Love the tag, Bug is a cutie. All of that food sounds delicious.
I hope you have a wonderful week.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a good time! The dinner sounded yummy.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. The rolling tongue thing, did you know not everyone can do that....it's a genetic thing. Love you graphics as always lol.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Very cute graphics, esp the Bug one.  :)  She is just too adorable!  Hey, I can't roll my tongue either, but everyone else in this house can.  So happy to hear that you had a wonderful Easter!  :)
Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you and your family had another great gathering and breaking of bread.  I don't know how you managed to pass up the raspberry cheesecake, though.  I don't care how stuffed I get, I always seem to be able to make room for cheesecake, LOL!  That's probably why I need to go on a diet, I'm sure.  You day does sound like it was magical.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your day was filled with Family and fun. Bug is such a lovely little girl, may i say Donna your nieces are very pretty.
lots of love
katie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day!  I'm glad you enjoyed it!  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Bug is so photogenic!!  Such a CUTIE!!!!  Glad you had a great day!!  Love the sleep tight graphic.... thanks!!

Joann
PreciousOne25

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day ,I bet a day with your family ,is a day to remember full of fun and love ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna, thanks like a great family get together.
Sorry the Flyers had to spoil your day by beating the Sabres. We have a great goalie you know and the worse team in the NFL with the worse fraanchis record ever. . Wait until next year. Bill

Anonymous said...

Donna I am glad your day was a Magical one ~ Loved the pictures ~ and your last Graphic is Awesome ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Your so lucky to have the family get togethers, we used to do that within our family, but not any more,  so glad that you all had a wonderful day, love the graphics.
love Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful Easter....sounded like fun.  I went to the Predators (Nashville,TN) game about a week ago.  They lost to Chicago.  It was a fun game though.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a Happy Easter!
Love the last graphic...hehehe
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your day was magical Donna, you deserve it so much! The graphics are beautiful as always, I love that castle at the top! I hope the rest of the week goes well, it's always such a comedown after a good holiday! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good time with your family and sounds like some good food was to be had too :-)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/

Anonymous said...

Magical is right.  That first graphic sucks you right in.  The effect of the water spilling over is amazing.  Bravo!  I am so glad you had a good holiday.  Children do know, they sense.  They let their senses lead them on a regular basis.  The naughty one on the end made me laugh  hehehe  Happy Easter