Monday, February 6, 2006

Congratulations Ryan!

                                   DsDesignsRyanMiller.gif


This is my reenactment of Ryan's save against Alfredsson during the shootout against Ottawa on Saturday LOL.   As you see, he stopped the puck, game over, Sabres win 2-1. :)  


Congrats go out to Ryan for being named the defensive player of the week for the second time this season.  As of Monday, he had the fifth-lowest GAA in the NHL, and third highest save percentage (.925).  


On another note, he was named to the 'taxi squad' for the Olympics.  He will not travel with the team to Italy, but if one of the other 3 goalies get hurt, or pull out he will be added to the 23 man roster.  'I'm disappointed it worked out this way,' Miller said during a conference call. 'The Olympics are a great honor, and I'm sorry I'm probably going to miss out on it. I'm just moving forward with my career, and I think I'm on a good path right now.'  


Congrats Ryan!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

go Cubs, oh no I mean Ryan.  Good job.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ryan! TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Yeah, congratulations Ryan!! The fifth lowest GAA, what's a GAA?! If you like him then so do I!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Donna
I wish your Ryan had made it on the regular traveling Team USA, but at least he is an alternate.  Who knows, he is young and there will be another olympic opportunity in four years.  One can hope, can't one?
Sam

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ryan!  Nice going.  Obviously a dedicated player.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Now, that`s neat!
V