Sunday, February 26, 2006

Peaceful Sunday

 DsDesignsStoneBridge.gif


I've been up since about 5:30.  Not sure exactly why so early, but early it was.  It was still dark out and I could hear the wind whistle through the branches of the trees.  A star twinkling here and there.  I had looked out the window because there was a call for lake effect snow and I wanted to see if we actually had any.  Only a dusting appeared on the ground and it looked so clean and fresh.  Even in the darkness I could see the glow of white.  I left the house quiet and just sat on the computer catching up with mail and doing some surfing.  No background noise what so ever, and let me tell you it did the head good.  Not that it has been bad around here, but sometimes there is so much commotion I can't even think straight.  TV going as the boys channel surf, the phone ringing both land line and cell.  Music, cars, doors, washer and dryer.  It's no wonder I get lost in the graphics.  A solitude amongst the craziness.  


This morning I got lost in graphics.  This is one I created almost first thing.  It just confirmed the peaceful feeling I had.  I sat drinking coffee and working in the quiet and only realized how late it was when my stomach started to growl.  When my sister got up we decided to cook a nice breakfast and enjoy the meal in peace and quiet.  For me it wasn't breakfast or even lunch, but more like dinner as I'd been up so many hours already.  As I cleaned up the dishes I looked out my back window.  The blue sky was bright and crisp.  The pillow like white clouds drifted swiftly about throwing shadows along the yard.  Examining the clouds some, if not all, were tinted with a bit of gray.  Or is that the silver lining we hear so much about? The sun, when out, was bright and clear giving you the feeling it was warm out, but instead it is a chilly 15.  The trees swayed in the breeze and the branches glistened in the sunlight.  What ever snow had been on them was gone and surely had turned to a thin coating of ice in this cold.  With the odd weather pattern we've had there are actually some buds on the trees and when the sun caught them just right they looked like little diamonds on the otherwise bare branches.  Oh, how nice it would be to be able to pick them and cash them in!  


Nothing much going on around my house today.  I will probably go take a nap and wrap up in some warm blankets and drift to lah lah land.  I had thought about going and getting some pictures but my body is telling me otherwise.  It does not want to go out and be exposed to the frigid temperatures.  Numb fingers and toes is not what I feel like doing today.  A nice relaxing, lazy weekend will do my body and soul good after so many emotions the past few days and I am more than ready to take advantage.  At some point I will be moving my graphics on to disc so don't be surprised if you see a bunch get entered on here.  Off the top of my head I am not even sure what, but I know I have several that haven't made it yet.   


I hope everyone has a wonderful and peaceful Sunday and be ready for the alerts.  :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to all the noise and commotion.  I sometimes get up early on purpose to enjoy the quiet of the house. We need our moments of solitude or I think we would go completely crazy!!!  

Have a nice day........Liz

Anonymous said...

So pleased you had some peace and quiet ,and yes silence sometimes can be very cleansing ,,we live in such a noisy world ,and dont realise how intrusive noise can sometimes be ,enjoy your trip to lah lah ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Nice to have some peace and quiet at times, especially in the early hours of the morning....time to reflect and to just chill out!

Anonymous said...

I've been off my computer for a week, trying to get ready for my S. America trip next week. It's lovely to get up before everyone else and have some peace isn't it. I live alone so don't have any noise at home, I just crave solitude. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Next time...pop in...see if I'm sleepless as well...hehe.  We can talk.  I really enjoyed this entry.  I am a 5am girl anyway...I love that peaceful solitude first thing in the am, and I SOO understand the need for silence sometimes. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love your description of the weather today.  And love the graphics as well.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you got up so early!!  Love the graphic ;-)  Very peaceful!!

Anonymous said...

Your descriptive words are as beautiful as your graphics. Thanks for sharing. ~Cheri in CO~