Thursday, February 2, 2006

Waiting..........

                             DsDesignsWaiting.gif


This week has gotten away from me completely.  Where does the time go?  I have accomplished a ton this week, but still it feels like it went by so quick and then the next minute I'm so exhausted it feels as though it's last a life time.  


Well, Phil saw his shadow this morning and they say that calls for 6 more weeks of winter.  It was 50 here today and our winter has been mild.  ::knocking on wood:: so 6 more weeks won't be bad.  Besides, I am not even sure I buy the whole story.  It's over when it's over.  I just like the sunshine and we had tons of that today.  It was wonderful!  I suppose a 3 hour lunch with the President of my company and a client helped.  ::giggle::  Ah, but I still have to make up the work.   


The boys were home tonight after a 6 game road trip.  Six games doesn't sound bad but it lasted about 3 weeks.  ARGH!  They played another top team in the conference, the Philadelphia Flyers and I have to say they totally dominated the game.  The final score was 4-2 but the second Flyer goal was a lucky one.  A misplayed puck that left our goalie out of position.  Anyone out there who saw the game may have been a bit confused about the sell out crowd chanting USA.  Our goalie, Ryan Miller, born in Michigan was not picked to play goal for team USA.  He currently is about 6th in the league with a 2.25 goals against.  Tonight we played against one of the goalies that was chosen, Robert Esche.  Esche's goals against 3.07 and is 27th.  The two other goalies picked, Grahame 13th with 2.67  and DiPietro 36th with a 3.41.  It's been reported that the USA will probably not do well and one weakness is in goal.  So why would they slight Miller in this way?  The team?  The country?  I don't know about you, but I think it's a no brainer to take someone who allows 2.25 goals a game on average over a guy who allows 3.41.  It's all politics apparently.  The fans tonight showed their support for Ryan and their displeasure in the choices made.   


Those of you waiting for an update on my son and his job.  He is still waiting.  He passed everything and was offered the job, but there was a delay and now it's back to waiting.  Apparently someone internal bid on the job and because of the union.........  He will be calling Human Resources tomorrow to get an update and maybe a start date.  Keep your fingers crossed.  All this waiting and change in plans has him in a bit of a grumpy mood.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed and prayer a flowing .  Take care. and rest easy friend.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

YUCK!  Hate that internal crapola that they pull with unions!  My husband waited over 20 years to get off of 3rd shift because someone had 1 more day longer with the company!!  I hear ya' on the waiting game!  And, by the way, I snagged that graphic, LOVE it!!!  Whenever you talk about "your boys", I always have to stop and think, she has boys at home with her??  Wouldn't you love that?!?  LOL!  I wish the weeks would fly by every week so that the kids' February vacation would get here already!  And, it was beautiful here today too.  But, I fear that we will have some major winter weather come March.  My lilac bush already has buds on it, can you believe it?!?!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi I was just saying this morning its Friday where has the week gone. Its not as if the weather has been good its been freezing and dull and foggy all week the the time just flew by. Am looking forward to the ice hockey in the Olympic games and all the rest of the winter sports Hope we do well in the curling like last time and I do like watching the Biathlon although the UK are not good at it.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Its so frustrating waiting ,to hear ,he has come this far ,and now this waiting game is so annoying isnt it ..the thing is he cant really make other plans untill he knows,can he ?Lovely graphic to illustrate the waiting game .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
Glad to hear the boys won last night. That was a nice thing the crowd did to show support for Ryan Miller.  I can't understand why Team USA has snubbed him.  Still keeping my fingers crossed that your son gets that union job.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I do hope your son gets a start date when he calls, my fingers are crossed for him, there's nothing worse than waiying. The weeks seem to fly past to me even though when I'm at work each day seems so long!! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Don't have much time this morning, I just I would like to let you know, that I'll keep you and your son in my prayers and wish you the best! ~Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Hope your son gets the job...................
I will say a prayer as well.
Sorry about your goalie not being picked for the USA team.
You are absolutely right, its all political.
The Olympics used to be good at once time.
But now its been tainted so bad over the years with alot of
controversy...........
I still love the olympics.
But I wish it was more about the spirit of the athletes and not
about $$$$ and politics...........

Anonymous said...

First of pretty graphic.  : )  And I love hockey.  Course, we only usually get to see the LIghtning on TV here in Florida but I got really into it when they won the cup.  I wish your son the best of luck with the new job too.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I sure hope your son got the news he wished for :-)