Thursday, February 16, 2006

Crazy..........


 


So much in this world is crazy.  The weather for instance.  Yesterday when I went and took pictures I damn near froze my arse off.  On the lake front the wind was blowing just enough to make my fingers numb with pain.  Gloves on during the process didn't work.  Between my nails and the extra cloth I just could not turn the knobs.  So there I stood freezing.  I did stop by a park not too far from my house and grab this shot of the creek.  This creek actually runs behind my house, but is not visible nor accessible from my back yard.  It is visible from my son's yard and I will get over there soon to get a few shots of the cliffs and surroundings.  This is down the road a bit further, closer to my parents.  It wasn't snowing yesterday but it was cold.  Today it was warm and about 55 degrees currently with rain.  It started to rain about noonish and has pretty much come down all day.  They are calling for flash floods and high winds later in the evening.  There are news flashes across the screen warning of damage and power outages.  I decided to animate the picture with rain, though I'm sure the little snow you see from yesterday is long gone.  


Crazy....... how about the new point system for the skating competition.  I know they changed things up to make it harder for the judges to cheat, but how can you reward someone points for falling on a jump just because they finished the rotation.  Does that mean everyone should just try the jump and get the rotation down with no penalties for falling on their keester?  I think you should only get the points if you land it.  Someone falls on their butt, puts their hand down on the ice, and they score higher than someone who hasn't fallen?  You now get medals for falling?  Yeah, that sounds right!  NOT!  


Crazy.... having your number one goalie, your hopes for the Stanley Cup get hurt while playing in the Olympics.  Remember all that whining I did about Ryan not getting the call?  Forget it, I am glad he is home and watching on TV.   


Crazy... not having any ideas for animation.  LOL  I think I just have too many choices and I was drained.  No ambition but not a complete blank, I will be back.  Hmmmm did someone else say that once?  :)~  I may not have my creative juices flowing today, but Derek over at Celebration of My Existence does.  He grabbed the picture of the cross and added some of his graphics to it.  I think it looks great!  You need to go check out his talent when it comes to taking pictures.          


   YGPB96byderek.jpg

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a great picture Derek did. I'll have to check out his journal.  Your pictures are always wonderful.  

Anonymous said...

oh you gonna get mad when I tell you this:
I agree with you about "crazies"...the weather here TODAY was 65 degrees! (& supposedly tomorrow too) It was beautiful...of course I took advantage of it...went in my backyard and enjoyed the weather with my three year old son..but I was still shaking my head in disbelief...it was warmer than spring... deep inside I was like "This is wrong..so wrong!" I mean the weather was a tease!
yap! "crazies!" LOL.
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow the effect of your lake picture ,is cold and wintery,you caught the mood exactly ,loved what Derek,did to your cross ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Brrrrr, that creek picture is cold looking!  I'm not looking forward to this deep freeze that will be coming in today.  The rain and snow is on its way!  I love the effects on the cross picture.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Makes me shiver to look at the creek picture, I don't envy you having those temperatures although I'd like to see the creek in summer! Derek did a great job with your other picture, so many of you out there have so much talent! I've seen none of the Olympics but the points system sounds so wrong. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Donna
Wow, Derek did a nice job with that cross.  I agree totally about the new point system for skating.  What were they thinking?  Glad Ryan is not in harm's way over there, too!
Sam

Anonymous said...

I'm finding it difficult to enjoy the skating ... the commentary about the point system and extra points while each and every skater is on the ice is making me, well, CRAZY.  A couple of things run through my mind: I can't even make it once around the rink without a tumble or a fall, I'm good with their skating, even if they fall.  The uammerin' commentators take away from the music and the joy of the skate.  I say this every year.  Just shush, let me watch, then talk to me.  LOL


Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't get the new scoring system for the skaters either!.. all of what you said, plus did you notice they all look more alike in the creative dance part now?  seems like we are going backwards.. back to doing the old figure 8's on the same line thing...

Anonymous said...

Things get crazier by the minute, and it's tough to swallow. But don't let the crazies stifle those creative juices of yours...I've grown to count on them, Lady, so let's get to it, LOL!

(I really REALLY have respect for your talent, having tried my hand at those graphics a few times!)

Have a good weekend!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Hi Never have liked the scoring in skating been watching it more years than I care to remember but last night Evgeny Pluchenko was absolutely flawless don't you think. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Trying to catch up with all my alerts as I have been offline for 2 days, so will comment on your most recent entry.....all pics as always are beautiful especially this one!!! love Joan (p.s. the Olympic points system has turned totally stupid!!!)

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't get any damage from the weather!!  Love the graphic.

Anonymous said...

Think I will pop over and check out your friend.  Getting down to the last few alerts.  Its the weekend.  that is when they start slowing down.  With the exceptiong of me. lol.  Hope you have a great weekend.  Enjoyed the pics Take care, TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

You guys ARE great!
; )

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

OMG D....that is beautiful !!!

Poochie