Sunday, February 5, 2006

Super Bowl XL

          DsDesignsOfficials.gif


Just want to start by stating that I had no vested interest in who won the game, all I really cared about were my numbers in the pools, and I won $150 :)  Congrats to the 'Stillers' for the win.  With that said, however, I thought the officials did a horrible job tonight.  They really could have used some glasses and maybe they wouldn't have looked like the monkeys they ended up being.  It definitely looked like the Steeler's had them in their pockets and anyone that can honestly look at the replay of Big Ben's touchdown and say he was in, is in denial.  The penalty calls on Seattle were phantom at best for several, and they were costly. Seattle 7 penalties for 70 yards, Pittsburgh 3 for 20 yards. What a joke!  Such a good game was spoiled by officials and their lack of integrity.  I'm sorry but that is all I can think of at this point.  I wonder if Hadon over at Hadonfield Myers Experience will post such after his rant on the non interception call earlier in the playoffs.  Somehow I think not.  I think at best it will say something more like 'NA NA NA NA BOO BOO.........................WE WON..................'  :)~  


UPDATE:  11:05  Here is the entry about the game from Hadon.  ROFL   Super Bowl Wrap Up


The commercials were a bust for the most part and the Stones need to pack it up.  They were horrible.  Like any athlete, Mick should retire and go out on a good note, not the note he left us with tonight.   


Now on to winners here!


Congratulations to Bill with a total of 8 wins!


Phinney, Kathy, and Sam came in with 7 wins


Lori, Linda, Mike, Jeannette, and myself with 6.   


Thanks to everyone who played along, it was fun.  Now, go brush up on hockey so you're ready for the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  I want no excuses.  LOL

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNEW the Stiller's were gonna win and I didn't watch ANY of the Suprebowl, halftime show and commercials included, Lol!! We had family time. I'm lucky my hubby isn't more into sports like MOST men. I think YOU like sports more then he does, Lol!
Love the tag BTW,LOL!!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hate to break it to ya, but Ben WAS in. Not by much, but when his forward progress was stopped, the ball was in fact touching the goal line, which by definition of "breaking the plain" is all it needs to do. Despite any questionable calls that were made, Seattle killed themselves by not only missing 2 field goals (would have been a 5 pt game at the end), but by not getting out of bounds on the final 3rd down play. With no timeouts, down by 11 and almost no time on the clock, there is no excuse for you to NOT get out of bounds on that play. If all else fails, fumble it with a push to the sideline. It's desperation time and the WR barely fought for the sideline.

With all that said, congrats to the Seahawks on a successful but disappointing season, and even more congrats to the Steelers for winning the game. All you Pitt fans should go out and buy your Bettis jersies now, they may not be for sale next year.

Anonymous said...

Mike the ball did not break the plain at any point.  He landed on it and it was under him at waist level, prior to that the 'push' you speak of the ball did not go over the line so you don't have to break anything........ LOL  Didn't ya say you'd cheer against Seattle all the way because your beloved Bears were out of it????  :)~   offensive interference in the endzone?  'cmon you know better.  There were some bad plays by Seattle I agree but don't over compensate... LOL  love ya!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I have never been a hugh stones fan and yep I thought they were so flat.  

Anonymous said...

Well don you on your win. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I remember going to see the Rolling Stones twice in 1963 and 64 at our local theatre, can't believe they're still going!! I haven't seen them in years but they were wrinkly when they were young, what do they look like now?!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Donna
When you'e right, you are right.  The officiating was terrible, the commercials were flat and the Stones need to retire as of tonight!  Glad the STEELERS won, though, no matter how you folks up nawth pronounce their name, LOL!  Congrats to Bill for winning your litle game.  It was fun playing!
Sam

Anonymous said...

My My................ someone is being very critical here ......................

Anonymous said...

Getting a few "cheap Shots" in on me huh ??

Anonymous said...

ROFL...what are "yunz" all talkin abowt?  Seriously, I don't think it was a TD for Ben but take that away, the Steelers still would have won.  OK...lol...I'm totally biased on this one but the offiicating during some of the play-offs was quite biased against the Black and Gold. The Indy game for one example.  But, hey, D, $150 in the pocket...cant beat that.  Chris