Tuesday, February 28, 2006

On a brighter note........

   DsDesignsWildHorses.gif


My son starts his new job tomorrow and I know he is more than just a little excited.  I am sure there is some nervousness in there too.  He's been at his current job for a good 3 years and has become a 'staple' to that company.  They love him and really hate to see him go, but move on he must.  Like the wild horses he must forge his way in to the future.  Make a life for himself.  He's always been pretty independent but this new job will really help him grow.   


I'm excited and a little nervous for him as well.  Or is that for me?  Being an only child and having raised him by myself it's hard to let my 'baby' go, grow up.  You always want your children to succeed, make good for themselves but then down deep you wonder if they will still need you like they have in the past.  Then you realize, yes, they will.  I will always be Mom, and we will always have a bond.  Poor kid!  LOL  


So like wild horses he must run into the wild, not completely leaving the past behind, but learning from all his experiences to become an even better human being.  I can't tie him up or fence him in.  I can only hope the things I've taught him along the way will shine through.  


Good Luck bud... I am so happy for you and so very proud.  Love you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck to your son and his new job.  I'm sure he will do great.

Anonymous said...

awww! Very sweet!
hugs Donna! I think that you are experiencing a lot of transformations and transitions in your life and this oen is a good one!
natalie

Anonymous said...

Donna
That your son is loved at his current job and has been offered an even better one speaks volumes.  I wish him luck on his first day and hope this is the start of a longk, successful career.  Don't worry, you will always be Mom to him, LOL!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Good luck to him, it sounds like he will succeed no matter what he does.  Linda

Anonymous said...

The very best of luck to your son, I'm sure he'll do great but as a mum you'll never stop worrying about him. I love the graphic, I just love to see wild horses running! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

I hope everything went okay for your son - bless him :-)

Anonymous said...

That your son is so well thought of in the job he's leaving says it all ,but yes he has to move on to grow ,you;ve done a good job,we all wish him and indeed you all the very best ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h