Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hump Day.........

DsDesignsRiverCamp.gif


Things here have been a bit hectic, running here and there.  Lots of work and many errands that had to be run.  By the time I get home and get through mail I am exhausted.  Stress has decided to rest in my neck and shoulders so sitting at the computer is not something I feel like doing all day at work and then again at night.  I have a nice heat buddy that I stick in the microwave and wrap around my neck and it helps, but I think these kinks will be here for a bit.  Let me tell you, when it rains it pours!   


I saw this picture and decided to edit a bit and mist it to soften the colors.  I am not thrilled with the water movement.  I think it has something to do with the color scheme.  It doesn't want to move all over no matter how much I touch it.  I decided to leave as it is.  It really shouldn't be moving to much anyway.  


Interesting turn of events today in Olympic Hockey.  Both the US and Canada were eliminated from play before even getting to the medal round.  Though I complained about the goalie situation for the US, the offense wasn't there either so it matters not if a goalie only lets in one or two.  If you can't put one in you won't win.  I do think one of the major problems was the composition of the teams for both countries.  You can't throw 23 guys together and not have any major practices or games played together before a tournament like this and expect wins.  Both countries roster was filled with NHL players and the league played right up until Sunday.  Their first game in the Olympics was Wednesday.  I've heard rumbles about the US team being stranded on the East coast because of the snow, but that is hogwash.  We need to get back to college kids so they can play and practice together for a few months prior.  Every other country has teams of this nature that are speckled with NHL players plugged in.  

Hockey tidbit....   Team Finland knocked the US out today.  Teppo Numminen is on the Finland team has some connections to the 1980 Miracle on Ice.  His father coached Finland which is the team the US beat to go on to win the Gold Medal.   

What about the women figure skaters?  The US team looks extremely strong and I amhopeful of getting more than one medal.  I'd love nothing more than to see Kimmie pull it out.  Sixteen and no pressure or expectations.  Same thing with Emily she didn't even know until after opening ceremonies that she would be in.  Sosha, she looked wonderful but the Russian is hanging right with her.  Tomorrow night should be exciting and fun.  


The graphic below is something I put together.  I saw the 'vintage' skater and wanted to do something with her for the competition.  It was much more difficult than I thought it would be.  There are a few errors that I could not fix, but I am some what happy with it.   


DsDesignsSkaterLocket.gif

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was wondering if you were ok, I noticed you didn't post anything today.
; )
This is another beauty!
Marie

Anonymous said...

I love them both.  Heat buddy.....now I am gonna go try and find a heat buddy... where do you get them from?  what do they look like? hummmm. I want a heat buddy!  I actually like the water the way you did it.  much too hard on your self, but hey when your the champ guess you tend to be.  I absolutely love it regardless!thanks for updating us on the olympics.  The kids have been hogging the t.v. on me.  Hope your neck gets to feeling better cause boy I do know how that feels.  Take care, friend.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

very nice! huggggggggggggggggggs
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Aw that can be so painful ,and as you say ,sitting at the computer does'nt help ,hope the heat buddy eases away those knots ,I loved your picture ,and the sig was special .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
Sorry about your pain in the neck!  I hope the heating buddy works wonders for  you.  The graphic of the vintage skater in the locket isreally good work.  i like it.  Wishing team US to medal big in all upcoming events.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Awwww...feel better.   I have that "heat buddy"...mine is called "The Bed Buddy" but it's the exact same thing.   Often can be found at a regular drugstore, like CVS or Walgreens.  
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Graphics are very good :-)  Especially the last one very clever!!  I've heard of the heat buddies - I think I shall have to invest in one once I get a microwave LOL

Anonymous said...

Very cool Donna.  LOVE THE SKATER IN THELOCKET, YES I HOPE THE USA WIN TOO!!

Anonymous said...

h