Saturday, February 11, 2006

Thoughts of Summer

                 DsDesignsSummerBeach.gif


           DsDesignsBirdbath.gif


 


I guess I am in the 'summertime' mood.  Thanks to Marie over at Photographs & Memories (she can also be found at Blogspot too) for the use of her ocean background on the first graphic. I tried a different one, but the water movement didn't fit with the graphic I wanted to add. I am pretty pleased with the way it came out.  It's funny when you mist and then animate.  Animation wants to add color to the 'softened' portion of the picture.  Sometimes it gives dark dots, sometimes subtle.  The dots are on this one, but it I thought it made for color depth in the water.  Again, could be these old eyes!  


The second was just too cute a graphic to pass up.  This one will definitely have to go on a white background.  The effects used to make things look as though they are moving in the wind often casts a shadow around the item which will show up on a colored background spoiling the graphic.  I think it does anyway.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a good job on them. They are both very pretty. Helen

Anonymous said...

Dont really understand the technology,just know the end result is beautiful ,the second one is amazingly like my granddaughter at that age ,you are clever !.........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Now see, I didn't even notice the dots until you said something.  They're both gorgeous!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I love them both but the second one is my favorite.  Everytime I think or OMG this one rocks by far you bring out another one.  Outstanding.  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

D, your animations absolutely blow me away.  The ocean one I absolutely love.  Would you mind if I snag it?  I won't until you let me know.  The little girl below it is just too cute for words.  What talent you have!  I love her little foot tapping and the breeze is awesome! I wanted to tell you that when I was married we vacationed every year in Hatteras although we traveled from one end of the Outerbanks to the other.  Such a gorgeous island.  My son loved Kitty Hawk.  We went to the museum several times. LOL...we climbed the lighthouse at Hatteras...darned near killed me.  Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

These are stunning. I looked for the dark dots on the sea, I thought I could see them but I think it's just my screen needs cleaning!! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

They're beautiful!  It's making me miss summer!  It's snowing right now!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Really nice!  The bottom one with the girl in the birdbath is so cute, but also reminds me of my oldest when she was little -- that is exactly something she would do.  She was an imp!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, I loved the ocean one, is it snaggable or private?  Linda

Anonymous said...

LOVE the fountain!  It looks just like my youngest! ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

They are great - particularly that first one.  Love the beach effect and I can see what you mean about the black dots ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great job :) Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Love the girl by the beach! Marie is an extraordinary photographer--doncha think? ;-) Sassy

Anonymous said...

I love love love love these..................
I am so very anxious for Summer to be here.............

Anonymous said...

I love the little girl. Guess I'm dreaming about the lazy days of summer that can't seem to get here soon enough! ~Cheri in CO~