Friday, February 10, 2006

TGIF

     DsDesignsSailboatBirdsNoSnag1.gif


A special thanks to Sam over at Dock Lines for allowing me to use one of his pictures to work on.  (and of course he has a copy already) I absolutely love this shot and couldn't wait to add the movement of the water and the birds.  I am pretty pleased with the way the effects took hold as I worked on it.  I am not sure what memory it evoked in me, but as with any water, sailboat, or lighthouse graphic, it touched me.  Suppose I was a sailor in another life?  I know I can talk like a sailor at times.  :)   


My great nephew Gage had his surgery today.  You may remember the reindeer animation we did of him around the holidays.  A few weeks ago it was discovered he had a hernia so they went in today to fix it.  Apparently being as young as he is they did not need to use the mesh, but the surgery did take over an hour.  Two things that bother me about the whole ordeal.  They scheduled his surgery for 2 in the afternoon.  Now being almost 7, I found that a bit late since he couldn't eat.  Wouldn't it make sense to do it as early as possible?  The other, why is it the insurance companies send these children home so soon.  I'm glad he is home and I'm sure he is more comfortable there, but the assembly line process drives me nuts!  I did talk to him about 5 this evening and he sounded great.  He didn't sound too drowsy, but his Mom said he was pumped full of pain medication.  Do me a favor please and tonight sneak him in your thoughts before you lay your head down.   


Not sure about you, but I am glad this week is over!  TGIF

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gage and you and your family will be included tonight !

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Girl you amaze me.  Now that really really rocks!    I am glad this week is over as well and hoping next week willnot be as hectic.  I just now said a prayer for your friend as well as one for you.  Take care friend.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love, love, love this one!!!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna!!!!!!!!!!  I missed you and your absolutely BEAUTIFUL graphics and hey, LOOK, you are in your sidebar now!!  HOORAY!!!!  I get a face to go along with your journal now.  Makes me feel so much better.  :)  

Poor Gage, you know he will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Being that young is I believe more scary for the parents and their loved ones to go through than the actual child going through it.  He sounds like he is a trooper though and I am sure he is eating up all the attention!  :)  I hate when they schedule surgery late in the day like that.  Makes no sense at all!!!  Give him a hug from me.
Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! Been years since I have been around the Great Lakes where I was raised, with hubby in land-locked Nebraska, but this takes me back to Upper Michigan!  Either you have many friends named Terry Ann who all think exactly alike, or she REALLY means what she says...and says...and says...lol. Angels are surrounding all of you as we speak! :)  

Anonymous said...

Hope gage is all right and Yes I'm happy that's it's friday.  Now it's Saturday morning, yeah.

Anonymous said...

I hope Gage will be OK, we always send people home as soon as possible because in unfamiliar surroundings there are different bugs around which could infect the op site. At home we're used to our own bugs around the house and are immune to them. Although it seems to soon to send people home it is for their own good, believe me, he's safer at home!!  Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say, I love the animation you did on Sams' photo!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Donna
Gage will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Thanks for letting us know the little fella is going through this right now.  Ilove what you did with my picuture.  Thanks so much for sending me a copy of it, it is so life-like.  Great job!
Sam

Anonymous said...

I said a prayer for Gage, hernia surgery is no fun, I know that for a fact!  The picture/graphic is awesome!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful animation to one of Sam's beautiful pictures!

Glad Gage is doing okay, but you're right, seems like there is no common sense in scheduling.

Anonymous said...

How odd that he's at home already!!  Hope he feels ok though :-)  Love the birds in the graphic

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he'll do fine. I had a hernia removed in February of 2005 and it wasn't bad at all. I'll definitely keep him in my thoughts and prayers :)

Poochie