Sunday, February 12, 2006

Memories... this & that...

DsDesignsCowboyMemories.gif


 


Today was a nice relaxing day.  I had time to catch up on some reading of Journals that I have neglected for way too long.  I was thrown back to winters past and remembered all the times we were buried.  Snowing for hours/days on end, and you had to dig out even though the snow hadn't stopped because if you didn't you would not be able to lift it.  Piles so high you had to find some place to put what you cleared away.  My thoughts went to my East Coast friends even though I had to poke a little fun with 'Johnny.'  


I was playing with a couple of graphics, and as I created this it gave me the feeling of a cowboy remembering something.  A better day, a past gone by.  I liked the effect I ended up with, but it's far from perfect.  Once it was saved and put on white I could see my mistakes.  It's tough to fix them after the animation as anything I touch does have to be exact or it will move too.  Oh well, I never claimed to be a pro or perfect :)  


I never got over to see Gage.  I had called earlier in the day and got the machine.  I assumed they were all resting and decided to just stay home.  He needs his rest and not a bunch of visitors in and out.  I, however, had a visitor.  Twice!  My son stopped by earlier today to grab some leftovers from the party last night.  My Mom makes a mean stromboli and she had one wrapped for him as she knows he loves it.  He stopped and got it and I believe that was breakfast!  LOL He didn't hang around, but went back to his place.  We'd been trying to do dinner at Outback for a while now, and we decided since he was off today we would go for it.  By mid afternoon neither one of us wanted to go 'out' to eat so we got curbside service.  LOL what a great thing :)  He came back as I was pulling in the driveway with the 'goodie bag.'  It was still hot and unbelievably good.  We all ate to much and are more than ready to crash on the couch, but who will get it first?  I guess I will win by default as he left before he could fall asleep.  


Just finished watching my boys, who lost 4-3 in a shootout.  They played Carolina who is number one in the conference.  It was a good solid game and I give the boys credit for hanging with the 'Canes.  They won at home last night and flew out to play again at 5 o'clock today.  You could see at times there legs weren't in it.  Either way even though I hate the point for a loss, I will take it!   


More on hockey.... anyone see any of the Woman's Hockey for the Olympics?  I can't believe there is not a mercy rule.  Team Canada beat Italy yesterday 16-0 and today they beat Russia 12-0.  I just think those scores are outrageous and almost unsportsmanlike.  Now I know the goals can come into play in a tie breaker, but I think that is like the 6th thing they look at.  Is it necessary to embarrass the opponent to that extent?  The USA won both of their games 6-0 and 5-0. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there...I actually helped shovel today and boy am I out of shape! lol!  Came in and made hot chocoate and made my boo boos allllll better!
nancy

Anonymous said...

I love the graphic, it looks great to me! I bought a hat like that cowboys when I was in Lake Placid last year. I saw a bit of the speed skating on Andy's TV but other than that haven't seen any of the Olympics. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

the graphics are great and I'm happy you had a good relaxing day.

Anonymous said...

Stromboli??  YUMMMMMMYYYY!!  I want some now!!!  And, I want some Outback too!  I haven't had that in YEARS!!  They are almost done building a brand spankin' new one though the next town over and I intend to use that curbside service at least once per month.  Bloomin' Onion is calling me!!!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Your cowboy with the memorys, is straight out of my Saturday morning picture/movie show ..............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
Glad to hear yo and your son got so share a bit of good food and time together.  I do hope Gage is doing okay.  I agree with you about the mercy rule re Team Canada's routs in hockey.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I really like this graphic.  Very rustic.  I think the cowboy has just the right look.  Sounds like there has been some good eatin' over your way!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you that the score of the canadian womens games were outrageous...but id rather watch them win by that many..than the mens teams who are stacked with nhl players...the olympics are to reprent your country...but let the kids who are pros represent the countries!!!!

Anonymous said...

That graphic is good and you are very good at it ;-)  Glad you had a good day.  Hope Gage is ok but at least you got to some spend some time with your son.

Anonymous said...

Hi there....glad you and your son had some time together. I know you always enjoy that. I am looking forward to seeing my daughter again - hopefully soon!
Love,
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

h