Friday, February 10, 2006

Looking Back...

                        DsDesignsLookingBack.gif


We've been getting snow on and off for a couple of days.  No real accumulation and up until this evening the grass was barely covered.  South of here has gotten it and they love it.  Ski country without snow is no good!  After I did the animation on this graphic I was playing around with frames.  The more I played the more I thought the effect was that of looking in a side view mirror and looking back at where you came from.  Maybe it's just my eyes, being so old LOL, but I like it.   


I've had the Opening Ceremonies on as I worked on line and with graphics stopping regularly to see what was happening.  I absolutely loved the acrobats on the wall that created the dove.  Their timing was wonderful (for hanging there) and I was extremely impressed.  I also liked the effect of the torch being lit.  Now that is some animation!!  LOL  Now, Alberto Tomba, I will admit I remember him being so hot, so handsome!  He has aged nicely I think :)~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a chance to watch it so I'll have to keep my eye out for Tomba.

Anonymous said...

I can see what you mean about the frame creating the side view mirror ,we call rear view mirror,great idea .......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It does look like a side view mirror view doesn't it? The red structure looks like one of the covered bridges I saw so many of in New England. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Donna
I agree about this looking like the view in a side mirror, too.  I enjoyed the opening ceremonies for the Olypics last night, but I dozed off and on and missed the Dove.  Saw a replay this morining, and thought it was cool, though.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I kept waiting to see a train come out of there!  LOL!  I agree there are some HOT athletes this year.  Have you had a look at Jeremy Bloom, OMG, he is also a male model and wants to play pro-football!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I missed the opening ceremonies. Drat!  How can someone so young forget to watch?  LOL.

We are headed into a good-sized Nor'easter.  Yippee!  Although a blizzard watch is on for the coast, so those folks may not be as thrilled as I am.

I know, I know. I'm nuts!

Anonymous said...

LOL, I enjoy those opening ceremonies so much. I make it a point to catch them every time around.

This animation: particularly COOL!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I missed the ceremonies!  Love the animation!
Missie

Anonymous said...

We watched the opening over here and the same two things struck me, the wonderful way those human bodies made the dove and the lighting of the torch.  Glad you like Jack!

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

You are sooo good at animations.  It does look like maybe looking in the rearview mirror.  I wish I was seeing that in mine!  : )  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

How COOL!  That's EXACTLY what I thought when I opened your journal alert!  Too cool. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies