Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hanging On

                   DsDesignsHaningin.gif


Ok I trust everyone saw the results for the Ladies Figure Skating.  I waited to post this just in case :)   I knew earlier today but didn't want to spoil it for anyone.   


First, congrats to Shizuka Arakawa on the Gold, Sasha Cohen on the Silver, and Irina Slutskaya on the Bronze.  All the girls in the competition looked beautiful and a special shout out to Kimmie Meissner who placed 6th and Emily Hughes who placed 7th.  


Now, I must say I am thrilled for Sasha getting the Silver, but I still hate the new point system.  She fell twice.  Twice and you get Silver?  'Cmon what is wrong with this picture?  I am far from an expert on the sport or the way all the points work, and I understand special points for foot work, number of rotations on a jump, blah blah blah....  I feel if you land on your arse you should not be awarded or would that be rewarded?  With this point system how long before skaters add fancy foot work and then try the quad knowing damn well that can't land it but they will still get points for trying?  Makes me think the sport will go in the shi!!er before long.  Adjustments on this please!  Apparently she held on just enough but I feel bad for the girls that skated flawlessly and finished much further down the standings. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I do agree with you.  I had to go to Billy's school for a musical.  And early got me a eperdual (sp) in the shoulder.  Got two Bed Buddy's.  Am happy about that.  Love the graphic as usual!  Take care.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

Yea...I don't get the whole thing either.  But they all sure skated beautifully though!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hehehe...cute! ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the new points system. Robin Cousins is our commentator over here ha said it working it just needs small adjustments.  Thought the resule was just about right. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I didnt get to see it, but agree about the points system ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I watched them last night and I agree that the new point system needs reviewed and revamped. As happy as I feel for the girls who won a medal, I felt bad too for the ones who did their program perfectly and didn't get a higher score. Like in baseball, 3 strikes you're out....I always felt in skating, hit the ice with your butt and you're out. Just my opinion...I don't pretend to know all of the scoring rules either. Cute tag too..I feel like that cat looks some days!
Hugs,
Darla ;o)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree I thought the points system was confusing anyway but to allow people to fall and get a medal is ridiculous!!