Wednesday, February 15, 2006

New Camera... ROFL... again

Sorry folks I am not sure exactly what happened there.   I decided to take my camera to work today.  I thought maybe I could get a sunset shot over the lake.  The colors had been vibrant the last couple of days but today was not my day.  I decided to get some shots anyway and just get a feel for my new toy.  


The steeple is from the church across the street from my office.  I am about 1 1/2 to 2 blocks away.  I am taking it from a side window of the office.  I would never have known the detail without these pictures.  


                       



I drove down to the marina where I was able to get these.  The water intake, I guess, is a mile out and I am not at the edge.  I was snagged while there by an employee telling me the park was closed.  This while there had to be 15 guys fishing.  I looked at the employee and said, 'yes I know and there is no fishing allowed either.'  I then turned and took a shot of the lighthouse across the Buffalo River.  For good measure, before leaving I looked towards downtown and took a shot.  I have no idea how far that building is from me.



     


       

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!  I like the last 2 especially....job well done my friend!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful as ever.  You go on the sarcasm!  LOL ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

those are great like usual, good luck with the camera

Anonymous said...

I loved looking at your pictures.    I think that they were very beautiful.  I could find some nice shots in wichita too if i tried.  lol.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

love these shots, I love that cross.  It's really beautiful.  As all your stuff always is, your so talented.

d

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!  That cross is GORGEOUS and you are right, without the zoom lense, no  one would ever know the intricate detail involved in that cross!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love all of them. I know we will be seeing some moving water from the lighthouse one. Great job. Helen

Anonymous said...

As you say with out the camera ,you wouldnt have been aware of the detail ,the cross is lovely .............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The photos are great.  I especially like the lighthouse one of course!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Love the photos!   Share more!  Share more!  

Anonymous said...

I love the lighthouse picture the most Thanks for sharing the pictures.
And congratulations to your new camera. I know you will spoil us like crazy now :)))))
Hugs,
Maria

Anonymous said...

Nice lighthouse shot! Congrats on new camera...Hate to tell ya I see some empty spots in this entry--but it could be I am too impatient to wait for everything to load. ;-) Sass

Anonymous said...

I love the pics, especially the lighthouse and the detail in the steeple. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Great pics I love the light house one - reminds me of some of your graphics :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay!  A new toy.  I'm jealous. lol  Wow, that is cool that it takes such great shots at so much of a distance.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Great pics, D!  My favorite is the lighthouse.  Chris