Saturday, June 3, 2006

Can you hear the water fall?

       DsDesignsTropicalFalls.gif


I wish the sound I heard today was that of a nice water fall splashing over rocks and landing in a pool of water.  Oh, I heard water, but it was that of the splash of rain as it danced off any and all surfaces.  It was a steady drizzle to a heavy downpour all day long.  A little cooler than it's been and a breeze blowing.  Where is that breeze on those hot muggy days?  The air did smell clean and the grass is now a bright vibrant green.  It is so green it almost glows.   Hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow.

 

I spent a good part of the day cleaning up the computer.  I removed a ton of graphics, burned disc after disc, sorted out folders, defragged and did some general upkeep/maintenance.  It's humming like a well oiled machine now!  That is until tomorrow when I open my mail and find 200 more graphics that I just have to have.  I have about 3 discs full now and I don't know when I will ever get to them, but 'I had to have them!'  :::giggle::: and so did you so I will post a few I did earlier this evening :)~

 

Had some issues with the plumbing, again!  It's an on going issue in this house from the day it was built.  At least once a year water backs up into my kitchen sink.  Well it doesn't actually back up, it just doesn't go down.  Might be that those pipes go up hill to the main sewer.  ARGH!  Needless to say it will need to be snaked out once again and hopefully soon.  I have dishes in the dishwasher and I refuse to take them out and wash them in my tub.  I already did a load that way and no doubt will do it again in the morning.  Can you say take out for dinner on Sunday?

 

Got a very odd email today.  I won't bother from whom because I have no idea, but the content was bizarre.  'So if I sent you this out of the blue, I would say that I remember you, The question being though as you read thee, Do you by chance remember me???'  Now why would you waste your time if you are using a username never seen before.  How the hell would anyone know if they remembered?  I was going to delete it but the title 'long lost soul' grabbed my attention.  I never expected the content though.  I did reply.  'Not much into riddles...  do you have something to say or are you just playing games?'  No reply as of yet and since it is a yahoo address I can't see if it was read, and there is no profile info.  Ah so much for that, a few minutes of my life gone and I won't get it back.  Why would anyone bother and not say who they are?  DELETE

 

I'm feeling a bit lazy and will probably jump into bed early, by my standards anyway.  Let the pitter patter of the rain drops lull me into sleep.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very weird email...hummm! It is a head scratcher for sure...lol...hugs to you friend...TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I've been clearing out my pics too! I got rid of over a thousand and must get some discs to put others on today. It's amazing how much we store on our pc's. That was a very odd email!! How are you supposed to remember someone if they don't say who they are?! I hope the sun comes out for you today and your plumbing stops acting up! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Very cool waterfall!!  I think you did a great job with the animations.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek

Anonymous said...

How do you remember which graphic is on which disk?  Amazing what you have, I can just imagine the hours of work involved.  Linda

Anonymous said...

My god this is beautiful. I'm speechless.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Rainy days are wonderful for sleeping in!!   Poor Lost Soul must have thought you were....oh, I can't spell it.  Let's just say a seer.  LOL  -  Barbara
http://journals.aol.com/bhbner2him/LifeFaithinCaneyhead/entries/1972

Anonymous said...

very lovely waterfall Donna!
love,nat