Monday, June 19, 2006

Congrats!

                                     DsDesignsCamWard.gif


Congratulations goes out to the Carolina Hurricane's for winning the Stanley Cup tonight in game 7.  Congrats also go out to the Edmonton Oilers for making it a series, and I a great one at that.

 

I was really cheering for Edmonton to win for many reason, and sure maybe a little bitterness too.  Not just because Carolina beat us to get there, but more because the area doesn't really understand the whole deal.  If you can get tickets to game 7 of the finals, if your local news cuts away from the celebration to show the news, what does that tell you?  Screams volumes to me and I hate it.  The team played hard and got extremely lucky throughout, and they won so I give them kudos'.  Congrats to Cam Ward for winning the MVP of the playoffs. 

 

Bill picked the winner of this round.  Congrats Bill!  Total goals scored was 34.

The final cumulative standings even tho not many played this round.

 


xxroxymamaxx- 9

gaboatman- 7
nightmaremom- 7

mutualaide- 6

debbiewebb4465- 6

justplainbill- 5


gxomywayox-4


bmorrrick-2

jeadie05-1

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Hurricanes and to Bill too! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Hey, look at me holding everyone else up ,well I took part ,lol  ;>)...Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right.  Congratulations are in order.  Even though I do it through clenched teeth. lol  Geez, I was on the edge of my seat the whole game and a good game it was!  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Wow youare agood sport! cuz you and I were for Edmonton right/ well it pays off to have your attitude
love,nat
ps my kid's freind was trying to tape the match for her freind and the dvd didnt work
huh?
do you have that problem? love ya
nat

Anonymous said...

Wow youare agood sport! cuz you and I were for Edmonton right/ well it pays off to have your attitude
love,nat
ps my kid's freind was trying to tape teh match for her freind and teh dvd didnt work
huh?
do you have that problem? love ya
nat

Anonymous said...

WTG Roxymama, way to pick them. Congrats.
My claim to fame is that I picked Carolina to win the final and was the only one to do that.
Bill

Anonymous said...

I caught the end last night...congrats to the Hurricanes...hope you have a great day today...hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Donna I'm FINALLY catching up a bit!! Sorry to have been away so long ~ so hectic and I'm totally hooked on the World Cup ~ every match not just England lol.......sorry your team didn't win but (omg in the middle of typing this I've just had an alert to say you've just left ME a comment!!!!!!!!!!! weird lol) as I was saying ~ glad the team you were cheering on won, whew !! :-)
hugs Debbie ~xxxxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Oh Roxy is trying to make me look bad.
LMAO
Dianna