Sunday, June 25, 2006

Good Day

                    DsDesignsRocker.gif


I awoke this morning to an email from Lisa Jo.  It was so nice to hear from her and get an explanation of what happened.  As I read her note I felt horrible, and like a selfish bitch.  Yeap, you see I was horrible to her and didn't even realize it.  I won't go into all the details as it is not necessary but I am thrilled things are worked out, and Lisa if you are reading this again I am so sorry.  If someone pointed her in my direction I thank you :)

 

Renee' and Mike moved in to their new house today.  They had a ton of 'prep work' to do and it is not 100% complete but they needed to move in and out of their old place.  No way they could pay a mortgage and rent.  I went to the old house and loaded up as much of the small stuff that would fit in my car.   I had mostly house plants and things that wouldn't store well on the truck.  On the way from the old house to the new house I stopped at a local park and took some shots of a gazebo and the water.   I got the pictures and headed on my way.  As I drove down the road I noticed a local unfinished furniture store had rocking chairs out front.  You got it!  I pulled in and snapped a couple pictures.  Earlier this evening I tubed the chair and played around with some graphics to come up with the above.  I did it rather quickly but still think it came out ok.  It won't be the last time you see that chair!

 

The move went pretty well all things considered, but about mid day we got hammered by a storm.  The rain came down in buckets and I needed to run home to close my windows.  I should have known better, but it was so hot while I was here I never thought about it.  Needless to say my kitchen floor was covered.  A huge puddle that extended well under my table.  ARGH!  At least I got home before it left a dreaded white ring.  It also decided to open up after the truck was loaded and before it had to be unloaded, which was great timing!!  Some places in the area were not as lucky as the rain caused some flooding.   It really didn't last long but it sure hit hard.  They are saying it could happen again and again over the next few days.  How fun!?!

 

Well it's late and I need to get my fanny in bed. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love the graphic...and the new tube...huggies to you...I hope you have a great week...and thankyou for always being nice and helpful to me...sorry i have not been here to see all your entries for a while...really been busy..but will check them all out now...hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

So glad you and Lisa Jo worked everything out.  You are both such wonderful women....I love your graphic, you have such a great imagination!  Sorry about the rain getting in the kitchen, thank goodness you were able to get home before more damage was done.  Go to bed and get some rest woman! (ha)

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful graphic again! You're really spittin 'em out. Glad things worked out.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Wonderful graphic! - As always! Thanks for posting.... and letting us escape! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

It must be a big storm as I heard about it on our news on this side of the pond it said it was covering the whole of the eastern seaboard. Hope youjwill be OK and not get too much of the wet stuff. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you worked things out with Lisa Jo. I hope Renee and Mike are happy in their new home and get all the work done. Sorry it rained so hard on you, if you'd known before how wet it'd be you could have hired a boat to deliver all their bits and pieces! Have a lovely week! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I'm very pleased you got the misunderstandings sorted out. Yep, heavy showers will be the order of the day in your neck of the woods, I'm afraid. Have a good week

Anonymous said...

Wow that was a deluge ,pleased you got home before more damage was done ,That is amazing to think it started out as a picture of a rocking chair ,I wouldnt know where to begin, thank goodness for your generosity, that  you allow us to use so  many of the lovely graphics you create,will be looking out to see what you do next, with the rocking chair ....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I love that rocking chair.  Great job.  And I have a big move coming up as well....can't wait for that.  I mean I am so ready to move but not doing all that actual work. lol  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with that graphic, it's awesome! I'm glad things are worked out between you and Lisa Jo. We have been pelted with rain the everyday since Saturday, but we have really needed it, it's been so dry. Hope you have a good week.

http://journals.aol.com/pookyluvsu/BehindHazelEyes/

Hugs, Angela