Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wednesday

    DsDesignsBelgieBrugge.gif


It feels like forever since I posted.  I mean posted some content.  Lots of graphics and tid bits about this and that, but nothing more.  Then I look back and a good portion of my journal is tid bits and graphics.  Today will be no different.  LOL  Same 'ole same 'ole going on here.   Just been on 'my sail boat' enjoying the scenery and not much to say.

 

Fact:  Carolina had their parade today for winning the Cup.  Apparently it was held in the parking lot of the arena and about 30,000 folks showed up.  Let me qualify that with a little information.  In 1999 when the Sabres lost in the finals to Dallas we had a rally downtown.   We had about that many show up, and we lost.  Had we won, the city would have closed down for the day to celebrate.  I kid you not!

 

Fact:  Ted Nolan will be presenting the Jack Adams award tomorrow at the awards ceremony.   Ted Nolan coached the Sabres 9 years ago and won the Jack Adams (coach of the year).  There were changes here and he was offered a one year contract, he turned it down.  Lindy Ruff was hired and still is coach.  He was offered the job in Tampa Bay, and had several offers as assistant coach.  He has not been in the NHL for those 9 years.  He was a great coach and there is much speculation about why he was not hired again.  Regardless it's the past.  He was hired by the New York Islanders about a week ago, welcome back Ted.  Ted had interviewed with the Islanders for head coach back in 2001.  He was not hired, Peter Laviolette (current coach of Carolina)  was.   So what?   Well, I think it is bizarre.  Both Laviolette and Ruff are up for the award. (Along with the coach of the NY Rangers Tom Renney)  Nolan has been out of the league for 9 years and now has the potential to hand the coach of the year award to one of two guys who in essence took away his coaching career.  Bizarre!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your tid bits and graphics...huggies to you...TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think I remember that rally for the Sabres and talk was that if they had won it would have been huge!  Maybe, I read it here?  lol  Love the graphic!  HUgs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a beautiful graphic!!!
Dianna