Friday, June 9, 2006

What a Day

                     DsDesignsGageandSarge.gif

 

                   DsDesignsRileyHelloKittyPlayground.gif

 

Well, it's Friday and I am going into the weekend knowing I have to go back to work on Monday.  Can I whine now?   It's been a good week and though it doesn't appear a lot was accomplished, it was.  The most important is my brain is refreshed and I don't feel as stressed.   Work really isn't stressful, but I needed a few days off in a row to regroup.

 

I slept in this morning, first time all week.  It was lovely!  I got up and wanted to tweak the pictures/graphics the kids and I worked on when they were here.  I turned on the computer, cleared through the mail I had and started the last of the laundry.  Steve called to give me the scoop on the car.  He's all set and will pick it up tomorrow at 3.  I will see if I can get some pictures to post.  Nothing like a Mom bragging, is there?  :)  Shortly after he called he stopped over to get some laundry done.  While we sat talking the sky turned black.  I don't mean dark, I mean black!  A crashing roll of thunder erupted and the sky opened to a massive downpour.  It started as rain and quickly turned to golf ball size hail.  It came down so hard the hail bounced several inches back into the air after it hit the ground.  We scurried to shut down the computer and close windows.  Surge protector or not, I was taking no chances.   It lasted a good 10-15 minutes and then turned to a subtle rain, and now the sun is shining brightly.  Go figure!?!

 

                      DsDesignsGageandTiki2small.gif

 

             DsDesignsRileyRock.gif

 

 

I was able to get to the pictures too.  Our 'bugs' new room will be a 'Hello Kitty' theme and I wanted to get some pictures of her with 'kitty' so they can be framed and put in the new room.  She helped pick picture and accessories.  I only animated a couple to post, but her room will be decorated with some 'stills'.   Bud, well, he is going with a camouflage theme, and I had 'Sarge' from the new Disney movie so I created one for his room.  He doesn't know about this one yet ::giggle::  He and I worked on the Tiki post.  He planned it all out while I was taking pictures in my backyard.  'Tiki' is in the back corner and he wanted to pose there.   Not bad and I think the two of them will be pleased with the end results. 

 

I'm off to get a few more things done around here and then I think I'm taking a nap.  LOL vacations are wonderful!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very cute!  Great job.  Glad you enjoyed your vacation too!  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...


Donna, as I type I think we getting the storm you had now in the Philly area. No hail as yet but lots of thunder. I never shut the computer down but fully expect to get fried some day.
Those are two beautiful and cute kids and the pictures are great. Bill

Anonymous said...

I think Bud and Bug will be thrilled with their pics!! It's a pain having to go back to work on monday, don't let the thought  ruin your weekend! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love those pics!
Have a good weekend.
Sug

Anonymous said...

Those pics are just adorable!
Great job
Have a great weekend
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is so neat...the way you did that...I think the room themes sound neat...have a wonderful weekend.   hugs, Terry Ann

Anonymous said...

LOL...whine away...vacations are wonderful, aren't they?  Love the Hello Kitty's!  My youngest is an HK freak.  I should do that for some of her pictures for her.  Enjoy the weekend!  Hugs  Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

those graphics are great
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have a surge protector and unplugged my puter during bad storms too.
Those graphics are so adorable. The bug is growing, isn't she?
Dianna
Wine on. Oops. I mean, whine:)