Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Reflection

Today was a fairly good day, if you could get past the numerous downpours.  For the majority of the morning it came down more often then not.  The sky was gloomy and the dark gray clouds moved across downtown fairly quickly but they were followed by more.  It wasn't until about 2 in the afternoon that the rain stopped and you could see glimpses of blue between the now white clouds.  We didn't get much snow this winter and it's said we are in need of the rain, but I could do without.  Hopefully the upcoming Holiday weekend will be nice.  I took off Monday so I actually have a 4 day weekend.  I'd love it to be nice.  Mind you, I can't sit and bake in the sun like I did as a child.  Lathering up with Keri Oil and letting my skin fry in the sun is definitely something from days gone by.  Now lathering up with the SPF50 and sitting in the shade is more my speed.  LOL 

 

Went out to lunch with an associate today to reflect on years past and plan for the future.  It was decided we would go to a local Italian place.  I told him if he wasn't nice I was going to pick one of the lunch specials, Chicken Livers.  LOL  Honestly I love them but too rich a meal when you're starving.  We work together in a geographical region and we are creating a plan of attack to increase business.  We talked about issues, resolving many of them.  It was not stop chatter in between bites.  We were both amazed that when we got back to office almost 3 hours passed.  Makes for a great day!  Yeah right, my desk was covered and my voice mail was beeping at me non stop.  I was so busy at the end of the day it made for a quick afternoon.  The downsize was my brain was like mush when I got home.  Instead of my life passing before my eyes I was getting moving clips in my brain of the ideas we discussed and how to implement them.  It seemed everything was in fast forward.  I logged on to read mail thinking it would slow things down but it really didn't work.  Soooooo  I went and laid down.  LOL  I didn't think I slept but as I am writing this I remember very little of that hour so I have to think I did 'shut down' and sleep a bit.

 

I did do this graphic tonite as I thought the 'reflection' fit in nice with the post.  I really didn't do much else with any other graphics.  I started a couple but after moving, arranging, resizing, changing colors, different techniques I deleted them as I wasn't at all pleased.   Remember that brain of mush?  Well the little snooze only helps so much.  I will look and find a couple that I'd done previously and post them. 

 

Y'all have a great hump day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow so calming it is. hope you get a good nights rest.

Anonymous said...

All I can see is an x box that says picture from hometown but it's possible that it's my dial up. You might want to ask. We are having a deluge of sorts over here in DE. Kinda dark and gloomy.
Glad you had a nice lunch today!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

NM It was my dial up and I did see it. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your afternoon passed quickly! I can't stand the dark gloomy days of rain we have in the summer, just doesn't look right does it?! I've laid down before and wasn't sure if I've been to sleep, it's a weird feeling! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Rain ,ugh ,poor you ,I know we need it but ,it should rain all night and be nice by day ,Though it took three hours your lunch sounded constructive ,Your graphic reminded me of the view from a fishing holiday we had and that was the view from our cabin ,......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Yes, lots of rain here too.  Flooding to the south of us.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Your job sounds as if it keeps you on your toes and that you are really good at it! Good for you. I am glad you got to eat a nice lunch and talk even if it was about business. Try to take it easy on this hump day.
hugs,lisa

Anonymous said...

This picture is good.. you perfected the way the reflection and the water moves... somehow this picture instils calm and peace within me..*smile*

Anonymous said...

I love your graphic...I think it's your best one with water, it looks absolutely real!!! WOW!!  Glad you had a nice lunch and such a productive one.  That's great that you'll have a 4 day weekend!!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~