Sunday, June 4, 2006

Good Morning!

            DsDesignsSpringShowers.gif


Yeap, still having spring showers here.  I went to bed last night and left my window open a bit.  The rain didn't come in, but the cool fresh air made for a great night of sleep.  The rain drops did lull me to sleep, and it was lovely being under the covers with the fresh scent recently washed bedding.  I snuggled my face close to my pillow and wrapped myself like a cocoon.  It was still raining when I got up and it is a bit cool out there.  Aaaahhh Spring showers.  Ok, that's enough.  The grass is green and the flowers are blooming.  The crud of winter is long gone.  Let the sun shine now, please!

 

Not much planned today.  My son and I are going car shopping.  He's tired of driving the old quick fix and like he said, 'wants a car.'   Most places will be closed today but it's been tough going since he works nights and I work days.  He's been searching on the net and today we will drive by and narrow things down a bit.  We will make a serious attempt to look during the week while I am off.  I'm hoping my 'common sense' and motherly input will take hold.  He is making great money and in no way wanting to spend beyond his means, but I can't see paying top dollar for a car.  Hell, he should be investing in a house or something with those kind of payments.  Wish me luck in coming to a compromise. 

 

Will probably stop by my nieces place at some point as well.  They closed on their very first house on Friday.  Congrats Mike & Renee'!  It's so exciting for them.  It is a fixer upper but between all the families they are more then capable of making it into something special.  Mike took before pictures yesterday and then the demolition began.  Pulling down paneling, wallpaper, extra pieces here and there.  They will be painting the two bedrooms upstairs today.  Oh, and I can't wait to see what they have planned for the Princess's room.  It is so spacious with nooks and crannies.  She will have her own little space for dress up.  Her room in the house the rented was just barely bigger then a closet.  More room for her toys!  LOL  Bud is more then happy with his two rooms.  He has a bedroom and the 4th bedroom will be used as a sitting/play room.  He will have his own TV and couch to play his video games.  He's thrilled!   Actually they are both thrilled and very excited.  Let see what happens when they actually move in.  I know Mom and Dad are like two kids in a candy store. 

 

It's off to start my day, yes and it is almost 11,,,, but hey I'm on vacation! 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute graphic!
Good luck with the car shopping, hope he finds a good one for himself! :)
Have a blessed Sunday.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the car shopping, I hope it goes well. It's been raining and cloudy here in Philadelphia for days now. But at least the humidity is gone and the airconditioners can get a break, lol. Enjoy your day and your vacation.

Anonymous said...

Spring??  What's that...lol.  I think we went straight from winter to summer it was 96 here yesterday!!!  I love the tag its adorable.

Take care,  Liz

Anonymous said...

I hope you can find a car for your son, even if he earns good money he does want to give it all away on car repayments. Your niece and family must be so excited about their house, how lovely to have so much room for the kids too! Have a great week off Donna, I hope the sun will shine while you're off work! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your son today car shopping...I know what you mean about investing in a house with car payments...But....they are still young and don't think like us that have been down that block...lol...The house sounds wonderful...Hugs and have a great day D!  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your son with car shopping. Hope he finds what he needs!
Have a good Sunday and the graphic is too cute and well made!
Hugs,
Dianna

Anonymous said...

New cars, new houses........glad it's their new bills and not mine!  LOL   -  Barbara
http://journals.aol.com/bhbner2him/LifeFaithinCaneyhead/entries/1972

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the car shpping! and Im so happy for yuor neice  and nephew!
hugs,nat