Friday, June 2, 2006

             DsDesignsHangininThere.gif


It's about midnight as I write this and I am still feeling down over the loss in game 7.  The boys played hard, and I am so proud of them, but I thought this was the year.  They were firing on all cylinders all year and had the lead 2-1 at the end of the second period.  The wheels didn't come off, per say, but bounces didn't go our way.  Take their first goal.  A shot from the point that bounced off Pyatt's skate and was going well wide of the net and then bounced off Mair's thighs and into the net.  It was like a pinball for cripes sake, wtf!?  I am hangin in there, but I need to lick my wounds a bit.  It was one helluva stinger.   I am not ready to hear 'there is next year.'  It's so hard to get to the point we were at, and who knows about next season.  Our core players will stay in place, with exception of Grier, McKee, and Numminen who will become unrestricted free agents.   Tommy Boy, please get Grier and McKee signed, and now!  I would love to have Numminen back as well but I have no idea what his intentions are.  He's been in the league 17 years and may have other ideas. 

 

Work was such a bummer today.  I took all next week off and really wished I had included today.  The glum looks around the office were horrible and the day just dragged.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  I did have several emails and lots of calls wishing me well and checking on me.  Intentions were good, and I am appreciative of folks from all over, both clients and prospects, taking the time to call or write.  I just didn't feel like reliving it.  I can only imagine the hollow empty feeling in the boys.  Having the media follow them around like lost puppies to get the 'scoop.'  Must be heart wrenching. 

 

I really have no plans for my week off.  Just rest and relaxation.  I want to get in my room and do some things.  A major cleaning and changing things around a bit.  I also have a hair appointment on Tues.  Anyone ever hear of the 'playoff beard'?   Well, I had playoff head.  LOL  Now it's time to get it colored, highlighted, and get some shape back.  I had been wearing it pretty short but decided to let it grow.  It's at the 'I will do what I want' stage and not sure if I can continue.  With the humidity we've had the last few days I looked more like Rosanna Anna Danna then me.  Not really long enough to pull it up and cutting just a bit off will set me back to not being able to at all.  :::sigh:: What a dilemma!  LOL

 

Well I'm off to bed maybe I will wake up happy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a nice week off. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Next year for sure!!!
They did awesome this year, know they're bummed but should be proud they went so far! ;)
Hope your wkend is good.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Course you're feeling sore now, after all the hard work from the boys and having them walking away empty handed. Have a good week off, you sound ready for a break. I hope you can get your hair done how you like it, once it reaches that stage when it goes how you want it I find it starts growing faster! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

They'll do better next year Donna!
Hope you cheer up soon!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

AWwwe...sorry they lost...hugs...I hope that you get happy soon...TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

    Sorry about the Sabres. As we say here in Chicago, 'wait till next year.'
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay