Sunday, June 4, 2006

Winner Takes All.... make your pick

                                DsDesignsStanleyCupFinals.gif


Sorry it took so long to post this.  I was still having a tough go of it.  Unless you're a die hard fan of a sport, you may not understand.  I just needed to go through the phases, sadness, anger, you know how it goes.  I still say we are the better team, but hey it's how it goes.  I'm just tired of hearing 'there is next year.' 

 

Anyway, the finals start on Monday so get your pick in now. 

Edmonton vs Carolina

 

I'm picking Edmonton with 24 goals scored (see below).  I will be their biggest fan for the next couple of weeks.  Do I hold a grudge?  Damn straight I do!  Peter Laviolette, the Carolina coach, is the biggest whiner I've ever seen.  I'd also like to see Rod Brind'Amour continue his streak of the longest active player without winning a cup, especially after his smart ass comments after our series.  Hell yeah I hold a grudge! 

 

Edmonton sitting for 10 days waiting for this series can go either way.  It will have them nice and refreshed and rested, or their legs will be stiff and momentum gone.  I will take my chances. :)

 

Running totals so far :


xxroxymamaxx- 9

gaboatman- 7
nightmaremom- 7

mutualaide- 6

debbiewebb4465- 6


gxomywayox-4

justplainbill- 4


bmorrrick-2

jeadie05-1

 

Get your picks in.  I will keep the running total.  Since not everyone else played throughout,  make a pick and total number of goals scored (combined between both teams.)  This way first time players can have a go in the just the cup round. 

 

Lets Do It!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got a good laugh out of your post and your feelings. Since Rod Brind'Amour once played for the Flyers and left us down you are probably right in picking Edmundton, BUT, I figure Rod is an underdawg, and over due, I will go with his team.  I had to look up where he plays for. Had no idea they played hockey in Carolina. So i guess I am taking Carolina.
Good luck to all, Bill

Anonymous said...

Sorry all, I suffering from Oldtimers disease and forgot to add the total number of goals to my previous posts. Since I now know that turning 40 was not all that bad I will take 40 for my goal total. Bill

Anonymous said...

Good luck to all...hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Whoever wins is the one I picked:-)~
Heh!

Anonymous said...

Well, I totally missed this entry but here goes lol

I'm on your side....Edmonton with a total score of 5.  

GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Duh!  Please delete my previous entry where I only left the total score for the first game. lol

My pick is Edmonton with total goals of 29.  

Shelly aka Airhead : /

Anonymous said...

Dang Shelly is int he lead again. And she lives in FLA! What do we know about hockey!

Brenda
http://journals.aol.com/xomywayox/BrendasWay/

Anonymous said...

Dearest Donna,
I'm going to go with Edmonton! thanks!
nat

Anonymous said...

h