Saturday, June 17, 2006

Perfect Place


Wouldn't it be wonderful to grab your coffee and enjoy the view?  I surely thought so!  Ok, so the background is actually a sunset picture I took not to long ago, but it works here too, doesn't it?  ::grin::  Sitting on the dock with the smell of morning coming in off the water.  Fresh scents of nearby flowers and the aroma of your morning brew.  A perfect place to be, a perfect place to start your day.

 

Instead I have the sounds of traffic on the road and in the air.  Lawn mowers going and my neighbor building something in his garage.  The dishwasher is running and my sister on the phone.  The TV is on, the fan is running and my computer is humming through it all.  Can you say reality!?!

 

It's 80 degrees here this morning and it is expected to get even warmer.  A little humidity but the breeze is pleasant.  The fan helps!  No, I do not have AC and actually like it better without most of the time.  I like the fresh air and most summer smells.  I can do without the 100% humidity and 90 degree temps, as well as the smell of exhaust.  Fresh cut grass and sweet flowers outweigh the bad so I will live.

 

Not much planned for today.  Bits and pieces around the house.  I need to figure out what I will be doing for my Dad.  What on earth do you get for the man who has everything and wants nothing?  What I'd really like to do is get him broadband or DSL.  It's so frustrating calling over there only to get BZZZZZZZZ BZzzzz bzzzzz.  He's gone back and forth on it, but for some reason he feels he 'owes' AOL.  WTF???  He'll probably be upset with anything we do.  He feels we shouldn't get him anything and after the Christmas present and spending so much there he'll be nuts.  We told him when we gave him the chair it was a combo gift because of the money spent.  He will not forget it either.  Aaah my Dad... one helluva guy!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wear a hearing aid and there is one thing about it when I am sitting in the garden and there is a lot of noise I can switch it off. Bliss. there not much else good about being deaf but that is a bonus.  Have a nice day Love Joan

Anonymous said...

Your dad sounds a very proud man! I know that's frustrating for you when you want to buy him something. Have a great time tomorrow. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Ah Donna so you Dad is where all taht gusto for life, and all of taht get up and go comes from?!!!!! that is way cool! I bet he's got agreat sense of humor too! thanks for haring this quiet graphic! lovely yes I think we all love it!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Ah Donna so you Dad is where all taht gusto for life, and all of taht get up and go comes from?!!!!! that is way cool! I bet he's got agreat sense of humor too! thanks for haring this quiet graphic! lovely yes I think we all love it!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Donna, I love your work so much. You have a very special gift, and you always have a way of taking us "away" when we need to escape at times. This is one of those times that I needed to escape, and this definitely is a "Perfect Place" to escape to. I would give anything to be there right now with a cup of coffee, and a good romance novel to lose myself in. Thank you so much for sharing your work and your talents with us, it means more than you know.

I lost my dad when I was 5, so I don't have any Father's Day memories. Take your dad out tomorrow, and spend the day with him. Have someone take pictures of you with your dad and create memories that you'll cherish forever.

Mandy Martinez
MMartinez07

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I agree...VERY peaceful and calming!

hugs
Dana

Anonymous said...

The way you describe sitting on that deck ..bliss...the way you describe reality,yes very familiar lol ,hope you find something for your Dad and he is pleased ,,,I'm sure he'll be pleased whatever ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

A perfect place to start your day or end it. I could sit there for hours. What a lovely scene!!
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

I hope your pops has a good fathers day...huggies to you...TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

That is a perfect place! Hope you figure out what to do for your dad.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

Well, this is my new favorite! Get your dad psp! Oh yeah, tell him Dianna said he doesn't owe AOL a thing - in fact, he's being overcharged!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Well, this is my new favorite! Get your dad psp! Oh yeah, tell him Dianna said he doesn't owe AOL a thing - in fact, he's being overcharged!
Dianna