Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Good Night.........

                         DsDesignsMyFairyMoon.gif


I added a few shares that I had, some old, some new.  I was working on the 'shoe fairy' when I had to leave to go get my son from work.   While driving, the moon looked so peaceful, so when I got home I grabbed my camera and went back out front to see if I could get a half way decent shot.  Jeannette had posted a few on her journal a few days back and she must have a 'mega zoom' as I swore I saw the man up there.  I zoomed in with what I had and low and behold it wasn't too bad.  I wonder if it had been full if I'd have gotten more of the craters.  Will have to try it next time :)  As you may have noticed I've gotten a few fairy type graphics recently and I decided to put this one on a windowsill type effect.  The stars were an after thought. 

 

On a side note, before I go to bed I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed the new 'improved' upgrade that AOL forced on us.  I didn't notice it anyplace but in mail and damn they must be hurting!  When I open mail to read it I see more advertising then I do of my mail.  I know we've had it there well before the ads hit our journals, but the banners now are freakin huge!  Do they think if they are bigger folks will click on them?  I've NEVER clicked on an ad from AOL, not ever, and I don't ever intend to.  They just keep 'invading' more and more of our space.  Do they really think that will keep customers?  I understand the concept of advertisements but I pay for the service, until they give it to me for free I don't appreciate them forcing their crap down my throat!  Anyone know of a way to minimize or remove the ads?  I'd like to be able to open my mail and not have some freaking ad take up the majority of it.

 

Ok, 'nuff on the rant I'm off to bed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful photos..I saw it outside too..looks so serene and wonderful,  but didn't think about taking pic of it..thanks for the idea!
I noticed that about AOL too..oh well.
Goodnite..sweet dreams my dear~
Gem :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!  Your graphic is amazing.....I LOVE it!!  I totally agree with you regarding AOL and the new "upgrade"....it is unbelievable....that whole day while they were "upgrading" was so frustrating while trying to read journals.  I tried to be patient, thinking the upgrade would have some nice new things...what a joke!!!  It's hard to read your mail when those darned ads are so huge!  I have never clicked on it either, and never will.  I wish everyone would write and complain, not that it would change, I'm sure.  You're right, we do pay for our service and I don't appreciate having their ads crammed down my throat.  Now, I'm done....guess I will hit the sack myself! (ha)

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

very cute good night graphic, as for AOL, UGH!! They are the best to piss you off, I have had about enough of thier "improvements". The only thing they get better at is advertising method's  The other stuff is just squeezed in. Errr! Ok, well good night! ;-)

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely graphic, the moonshot's very good too, I've spent months trying to get a decent shot! I think a lot of the time pollution in the atmosphere blocks it. You've just reminded me, I took some more last night and haven't downloaded them on the computer yet to see them! The ads on AOL are getting ridiculous, I've never clicked one either! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Nope never have & never will click on an ad from AOL. GRRR
Lovely moon tag. :)
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna, as always I liked your moon shot.
AOL tells all their clients how many members see their ad. What they do not tell them is that the biggest majority do not even look at them and find them annoying. If I do happen to see or read one it goes on my "do not patronize" list.
I perdict in a few years AOL will be free to all with an internet connection. Already with an AIM.com you can access a lot of what AOL offer with no AOL fee.
When I think of the changes AOL has made in the last eleven years it bogles my ming. Many of the changes they made were not imporvements for sure.
Bill

Anonymous said...

First of all, that graphic is awesome!
Secondly, I would never buy anything additional from AOL because the customer service is so poor and they increased the price of dial-up by $3.00 to try to force the dial-up customers to go broadband. I hate their greedy corporate harlotry and don't click on a single thing. They've lost the respect of many customers because they, quite frankly, don't give a flying fig about the customer. The tech support is the world's worse and they just don't care. Last year they lost 2.3 million customers and they still haven't learned.
Dummies; when they finally go out of business they are going to wonder why and we've been telling them all along.
Grrrrr
Dianna

Anonymous said...

dear Donna,
nice graphic! hugggggggggggggggs
hope you get more moon inspiration!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

It does suck wind....now that I pay for two services...just so I can keep my aol friend...butt heads...lol..too bad I can't do the same thing that I do with my junk mail from home...I put another offer from somewhere else in the respond envelope and send it back...postage on them...lol...the things I do for amusement...lol...take care, TerryAnn