Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Peaceful

I won't rant anymore about this lovely service ::cough:: we all pay for.  It's been a pretty peaceful night around here.  Very few journal entry alerts, if any, and even fewer comments.  LOL  I wonder why!?  I allowed me some 'catch up' time, when I could get to journals and comment.  Sorry folks, I tried.  I did get some graphics done tho, that counts, sort of right?  ::grin::

 

It really has been pretty peaceful here, tho.  The rain has let up, yet are still calling for on and off showers the rest of the week.  There are creeks and water ways that are rushing with high water, but nothing like the East coast.  Please keep the folks in Central New York and Central Pennsylvania in your thoughts and prayers.  They are in dire straights to say the least.  The main Thruway through NY is closed for 150 miles in the area and they are reporting folks in PA are being forced to leave their homes as the water levels are expected to rise 20+ feet.  Roads, bridges, and houses are being washed away. 

 

So peaceful... I'm going to bed.  'nite

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it, it's beautiful. yep i live in PA and businesses are closing, people being evacuated. mostly in Berks and Bucks counties here in PA. My husbands company main office was closed today due to flooding. Have a great night.

Anonymous said...

You forgot Delaware but we're not getting it as bad as PA.
Beautiful graaphic.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Dear Donna,
wow that is just way scary!I'm os osrry tht those people are suffering! I pray tht things will get better
love,nat

Anonymous said...

The weather has been strange everywhere. Seems there are advisory's and warnings all over the US because of the weather and how it affects each area. I will say though, that the flooding is a bad one. So I will pray for them. Ca has been having storms but the worry is fire! The storm is keeping it hot, humid and not releasing much rain and so we have had some fires because of it and are still on advisory in the sierra's do to it. I just love that graphic btw, it is beautiful.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

It has been very bad along the Mohawk river with the flooding.  Luckily we are ok so far up here in the further north.  I have been having problems seeing journals too, what a pain.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that all those people in NY and Pennsylvania will be safe and not lose their homes. Water can be a terrible destroyer. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Ifeel so sorry for all those people ,it must be so frightening for them ,wondering if they will lose thier homes ,have a good rest ni night ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Keeping all those poor people in my prayers....must be so scary with all that rain and flooding.  Your graphic is beautiful and so calming.  Hope you slept well.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

PRETTY GRAPHIC= IT IS SO CALM LOOKING, HOPE YOU REST WELL, TAKE CARE, SHERRY

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna...

I have had a lot of trouble with AOL the last couple of days too! lets hope they have resolved the problem...that storm sounds real bad, I do hope the people will be ok! they are in my thoughts! Take Care!

Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

I will keep my mouth shut at this moment about AOL and their crappy service, opps, thats not keeping keeping quiet LOL
I was searching for some peace and found it here... lovely picture. I don't think it will ever stop raining : (
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic and all the others you added below...forgot to say that...hugs, to you...TerryAnn