Monday, June 5, 2006

Vacation?

   DsDesignsVacation.gif


How I'd love to be spending my time off here!  Peaceful and quiet.  The subtle movement of the water nearby, a few hills and mountains framing my 'yard'.  The scent of a campfire filling the air.  The fresh air and nature!  The rocks and bumps of the earth poking me as I sleep.  Birds squawking overhead in the early morning.  Doing dishes bent over in a bucket.  Oh the joys of vacation, but I would take it!

 

Got up early today and did some more car shopping.  This time it was serious shopping.  Actually talking to someone and seeing about the 'what, how, which.'  I think reality might have finally sunk in.  It's not always about what you want, there are other factors that come into play.  If it was as easy as 'what you want', I'd be in a huge house with maids, driving some fancy foreign car, and instead of camping as a vacation I'd be on a yacht someplace.  I let him talk to the sales rep without me around.  You know, 'I'm just Mom and don't know anything' and I did not want to be accused of influencing anything.  They ran some numbers and got his credit score and then went over his options.  He's virtually a ghost when it comes to credit so that will have some baring but should not hinder him.  He may have to change his plans a bit.  We are going to meet the guy at another one of the dealerships tomorrow morning and look into a Pontiac G6 GT, and leasing as an option.  Probably his best bet.  Doing a 2 year lease will not marry him to the car but it will establish some history and then he can pretty much write his own ticket on the next vehicle.  I think he may have accepted that, but we will see tomorrow after he looks/drives the car.  I checked it on line and looks to be pretty sporty and a 'chick magnet'.  LOL

 

Stopped over at 'Ne's on my way home this afternoon and what a difference.  It was sunny and warm out and she was able to make headway on the overgrown yard.  The front looks fabulous!  Grass has been cut, hedges trimmed, and wild bushes pulled out.  The garden has been weeded and is ready for her style.  I have no doubt it will be beautiful.   The Bug was a trip.  She helped a great deal carrying twigs and small branches to the pile.  She worked very hard today and actually appeared to be having fun.  Hmmm she is 3, do you suppose she will be so willing to work like that in a few years?  Not!

 

On a side note, how can any one freakin team get so lucky?  Are the hockey Gods that cruel?  Game 1 of the Finals was tonight and it was unreal.  Carolina went ahead and eventually overcame Montreal after one of their star players went down in series one.  They beat NJ in the second round after NJ had a helluva first round.  They beat us without 4 of our top 6 Dmen and tonight they beat Edmonton.  Roloson, the Oilers goalie is done.  He was crashed into in the 3rd period and will be out with a knee injury for the remainder of the play offs.  The series is far from over, but what the hell!?!  How is a team that has virtually no support be so lucky?  I am not trying to take away from their play, but 'cmon.  They haven't sold out their home games to home fans at all during the play off run.  Game 7 of our series you could get tickets a couple of hours before the start.  Today's game had a ton of Oiler fans as you could clearly hear them chant.  They said it was a sell out, but I could see empty seats and without the Edmonton fans I wonder how empty it would truly be.  Aaahhh well game one is in the books and Carolina is up 1-0 in the best of 7.  'Cmon Oil!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I hope your son gets the car he wants. The Pontiac sounds good! No, kids don't wanna help as they get older! My kids used to want to wash up when they were Bugs age, breaking dishes everywhere! Soon as they were old enough to do it there was always some excuse! Have a great week! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Now thats a vacation,lovely xxzoexx.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

I bought a new car with a Smartdeal and am way over my head!  I can make the payments but just...  Linda

Anonymous said...

hi Donna! :) Hey I was right there wiht you wiht the "mommy knows nothing" thing!:) sheesh I feel baclballed totally! Hey a least there are the perks! They love us right?wink good luck to your son.
I love your comping idea!
Sheesh Donna that throws me out doesn't it? :( I'm thrown for aloop too wiht Carloina..jsut out of the blue they come out of the corner and start doing great!
huh? :):):)
love ya, nat

I

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my new favorite graphic!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Geeze....your graphic looks so lifelike!!  It's amazing!!  And so are you!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

h