Monday, January 1, 2007

1-1-2007

Wow!  It is going to be hard getting use to writing that!  I can't believe the new year is here and day one is over with!   OMG!  My vacation is over with too!  EEEEEWWwwwww back to work tomorrow!  Can I call off?  LMAO

 

The day started out pretty emotional.  I know this 'adventure' is wonderful for Lisa and will be a trip of a life time.  I am so proud of her accomplishments and the ability to go.  Proud that she made the decision to do it.  Doesn't make it any easier that she will be gone for 5 months!  I know the time will go fast and she will no doubt hook up with the Internet at school.  They are not allowed to bring their own laptops or computers.  She knew it, but I only found out recently so that hit me like a ton of bricks.  After I did my entry this morning I calmed down and went on with a relaxing day.

 

Steve came by and spent time with me.  We did Outback for dinner.  Yeap... I had steak! Let me tell you it was out of this world!!  I didn't have to worry about chewing.  It was so tender it melted in my mouth!  Sitting across from him was the best too!  We didn't eat in but rather got it to go.  Curbside is the best!!!  We came home, ate, shared some great conversation and watched the boys.  Yeah baby, 4 wins in a row at home!!  After dinner we went to my sisters for a quick visit.  I needed to give Lisa a hug, tell her I loved her, and yes, cry on her for a bit.  LOL  And thanks for the reminders of the limit on bringing liquid on planes!  She is excited and nervous but no doubt will be settled pretty quickly.  We came back here and Steve left a few minutes ago.  He sat next to me as I went through a few mails and I swear he squealed.  He got an up close and personal look at someone he admires a ton and felt so special to be part of that.  Thank You!!!  You know who you are ::wink::

 

"What is time to a wolf? The mating of wolves is permanent, and the grief caused by separation is also permanent."  -Poledra

 

I love that quote.  It's from a book series I read long ago but it has always spoken to me.  I find it so true with some human relationships too.  In our lives we find that one person (maybe 2) who stays in our heart and soul forever.  When I was married I had a collection of wolves that I cherished.  It's too bad they are all gone now, but I have started a new collection.  Not sure why, but I love them.  They are mysterious yet beautiful creatures.  Last night as I thought about my life and the changes I need to make for 2007 I sat and did several graphics.  They called to me.  I thought I'd share them with you to start the new year. 

 

I hope everyone is safe and sound and ready to tackle whatever 2007 brings.  I again wish you all the best.

 

Hugs

~d

 


                 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


            Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love wolves as well. I am drawn to them and can't really express why. I have a paint by numbers that has a wolf with a dream catcher. I am looking forward to starting that maybe Thursday. I will try and take a pic as I am painting it so I can show progression shots. I know it is hard to let someone you love go, but you are doing well. Take care, and have a happy healthy and safe New Year! Tawnya

Anonymous said...

love the baby and mom blinking diaopposing and th ebreaths of the wolves is wonderful. I too love wolves. I pray you find a wonderful week even if you have to go to owrk. glad you got to eat a great steak. I really do hope you have a wonderful week and glad you had a great time and was able to get over the sadness of one leaveing to move on to better things

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww what a day for you! No do'nt think about the work part;)
Yummmm steak sounds good ...... hummmmm I have a steak Hot Pocket in freezer my son got for me ....... see ya!;)

Love the wolves! Thank you, D!
Hugs
Ann:)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love the graphics great work...I do hope you get tons of emails from Lisa. I love outback...I can't wait for this mess to get over...when things turn around I am getting me some Outback stk house...LOL..Hugs,TerryANn

Anonymous said...

Beautiful graphics!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Oh Iam so pleased you got to eat/enjoy your steak at last ,you have been lusting after it for a while now ,havent you lol ?The wolves are magnificient ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

A New Year brings many emotions and yours has tripled because of Lisa,it will be a great learning experience for her and she will be back before you know it. Wish her good luck next time you speak to her. Good news about the steak lol!
luv bella xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

It's always hard at the beginning of the year to remember the date change! I hope Lisa will enjoy Spain and send many emails telling you all about it, I just know she'll love it there! I'm so happy you got your steak too and managed to eat it without difficulty! I love the wolf graphics, such magnificent beasts and no I'm not going to tell you about the wolf at Yellowstone who followed the man in the snow, I've told you twice already! Lol! I'm happy you and Steve had a good evening together and he left happy! I hope going back to work isn't too bad for you after the holidays. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I'm back to work this morning too after after two great weeks off, grrrrr!
Happy New Year to you!!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Oral Sex Man at my job LOVES wolves too.

I am glad you went out and got to say good bye to Lisa. I am glad the day turned out decent for you. Try to not work too hard today.
love,lj

Anonymous said...

I love the first wolf graphic the best with that beautiful quote.  We love Outback curbside!!  No need to tip big amounts.  WOO-HOO!  And, you are right, their steaks melt in your mouth.  So yummy!  Glad you were able to go and see Lisa off and that you had your son there for you last night.  That must have made it a bit easier on you.  I don't get the entire "up close and personal" thing, so I guess it wasn't him squealing looking at me right?  Hee-hee!  Hope you have a good first day back to work.  Ugghhh!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It is always hard to remember the date change... no doubt I'll be writing January 1st, 2006, lol! Don't think about work, enjoy the remainder of your lesuire time. I hope Lisa writes you lots of e-mails from her trip, and takes lots of photos too. Sounds as if you enjoyed the steak... I love steak! Have a great day!

Best wishes,
Leigh :-)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/edwardssoapy/LeighsWorld/"

Anonymous said...

Donna
It's good to hear that you were finally able to enjoy a good steak dinner.  Sounds like the first day of the year was a good one for you.  Good luck back at work today, I hope that goes well for you, too.  Nice job with the wolves graphics.  They are all very nice.
Sam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

wolves seem like lonesome creatures to me.  they are beautiful though.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Those are some beautiful graphics.

You know, yesterday before I left work, I had a conversation with a friend. We were talking about how fast it seemed that 2007 had come. I told her that it seemed like it was only yesterday that it was 2005.

Is it me or has time sped up?

I hope this new year brings you blessings and peace.

Charles

Anonymous said...

I wonder what attracts us so about wolves?    
Now that you are back to eating steak, life is normal again?   BTW, the grill looks great on ya!      
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creations!
Hope your first day back at work was a fine one.
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 4 wins.  The Coyotes ( a relative to wolves) have had 3 wins in a row.  

I am sure you will be able to communicate with Lisa and hear about all the marvelous experiences she has. As you said, what an opportunity for her. When I was in my 20s I spent two years in Germany a way from family and friends.  I must say I learned to appreciate my family and my country in ways I never imagined. I also learned to love the German people.

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna i love those tags, now i have to figure out how to do what you have told me. Thank you so very much for your help.
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

Awww, the wolves remind me of my [former] Alaskan Malamute... :-(
Very nice, though.

Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry your vacation is over...it always sucks so bad the first week afterwards doesn't it...UGH!  I am scheduled for a vacation Valentines week...no big plans...just gonna relax and enjoy and do what i damn well please...lol   Don't ya just love vacation!   I love the Best friend graphic...I snagged it...gonna share it with a very close friend of mine!  Your work is amazing as always! So your doing sidebars now ehh..?  Awesome yours looks great... Nae is working on one for me right now....but i may hit ya up sometime cause I love your work as well. I sure miss Nae journaling =(
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Hey D :)  Love the wolves, I'm going back in your archives & you do such beautiful work.  So I'm snaggin' away here...
You are lucky with your family... I haven't spoken nor seen my "family" in about 15 years... sometimes, love isn't enough.  Hugglez, Teresa