Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Hump Day

Ohhh and what a day it was.  I ran into a few 'humps' today.  Work was busy but I planned things really well before I went on vacation.  I busted my hump so my projects would be done and I wouldn't be rushing when I got back.  Genius!  LOL Ok, so I'm not, but sure as hell helped.  I was up pretty late last night.  Too much coffee after dinner.  So about noon today I hit the first 'hump.'  All I wanted to do was put my head down and close my eyes.  So guess what... I did!  LMAO  In the ladies room at work there is a separate sitting room with a couch.  So instead of lunch I went in there with my coat (to use as a pillow) and I stretched out.  :::giggle:: Yeap, I did.  I swear!  And guess what else... I fell asleep!  Yeap, out cold.  Thank God I wasn't snoring or drooling (or at least I hope I wasn't). I know I slept because when I woke up I jumped a good foot.  Timing is everything in life and my inner clock went off and I was awake with time to spare.  Not that I punch out or anything, I just hate getting back to my desk late. 

 

The afternoon went really well until I had a 'brain fart.'  I was in the midst of helping someone do a month end report and my mind went blank.  I mean completely blank.  My mouth was left hanging open and I stood there like an ass.  I've been doing these reports for years, and it was like I'd never touched them before today.  I started laughing, yes a few snorts escaped me, and then it all flooded back.  How embarrassing! 

 

I was thrilled when the day was done.  I couldn't wait to get in comfy clothes, pull up my hair and just relax.  WRONG!!  My niece called and she was stopping with the kids.  Ohh I love them, but it was not what I felt like doing.  We did have fun, and 'bug' just loved the webcam.  I video taped both her and Gage and sent the saved tapes off.  They loved it!  They were both so interested in seeing themselves on the monitor.  Bug was a bit confused as she talked to 'her best friend', because he wasn't answering.  It took a few tries to explain it, and I'm still not sure she got it.  It was a hoot tho, and I think the recipient got a kick out of them.

 

Then my boys played tonight.  After winning 4 straight, they got spanked.  I don't even know who that was that showed up to play.  Hmmm, or should I say showed up because they sure as hell didn't play!  Well they did for the first 20 minutes then it went all down hill.  Final score was 6-3 but it was no where near close.  GRRRRRRRRR  I know they can't win them all but I hate that 4 of their 8 losses are to the same team.  Saving grace, is memories of last year not having good luck against this same team and we trounced them when it counted in the playoffs. 

 

Did a few new sidebars today, mine included.  It was definitely time to take down the New Years one.  I had fun doing this one.  Like?  To silly?  Stupid?  Actually I really like making them, something a bit different.  Time consuming as I try and decide what I want to do, so I really didn't do anything else.  Good thing I have a few snags on my hard drive :)  Some have been there awhile so it's a mixed bag today.  Maybe you'll find something you like.  If not, come back ::wink:: you know I will be posting more another day.

 

Well, it's late again and I should get to bed.  It's that second wind kicking in...... Ohhhhhhhhhhh and before I forget.. tomorrow is Thursday and it's my son's first day back to work.  YEAH!!!  He's excited, but not thrilled with the shift change.  He will be working 11pm to 7am Thursday and Friday.  Then 7pm to 7am both Saturday and Sunday.  He's off the rest of the week unless he pulls OT.  Not a bad shift, but when you're as young as he is ............   he has no weekend.  Mom..... she loves it..keeps him out of trouble!  LOL

 

K... if I don't stop now I might not... wipe your tears of boredom... I'm done. :)~

Nightie Night

 

Hugs

~d

 

 

                    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                                  Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                   Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am snagging the snow one too cute:) you are so talented
thank you again for my sidebar:) i love it


Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh Man, I have had nightmares about falling asleep at work but have never done it.  I think it would be allowed on break if I ever got one, LOL.  Glad things weren't bad when you went back to work.  Love the graphics as usual.

               Julie

Anonymous said...

Love the new side bar...hope that your boys do good...sounds like a hoot with the kids...Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

"Brain fart" BRILLIANT!! I`m going to use that now for the days when I forget! he he!!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Love the graphics!!  Cool that you have the sofa available if you need a little power nap, I sometimes come home at lunch for a good power nap... I only live about three minutes from work.

Joann

Anonymous said...

ROFL at you falling asleep on the couch as you call it.I do not think my inner clock would have woke me though LOL!!As for the blanked out mind on the project you had worked on several times.Well thats me many times Haaaaaaaaa!! Hump days I hate I am  having one today and it's only early. Grrrrrr!! Sorry you are having dissapointing results with your team.I understand the bit (keeps him out of trouble).Haaaaaa Oh! how happy I am my sons(3) are all grown up now,and out of that stage in life what a worry that was for me.Yes it's good to have a cam I have one here doing nthing in the desk,but I hate myself on Cam so I took It away LOL!! The kids would enjoy it though as you say.I'll stop now Donna or like you I will be writing for England LOL!! Take care so enjoyed your entry this morning as usual.Lovely graphics once more.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

wo whow you fell asleep at work on the couch I dont know but shows you must have been tired. sometiems a 20 min power nap is good for ya. good thing on your son so glad he got a JOB BACK . your tags are all definitly different that is for sure. they are all good as usual. I bet that was strange having a barinfart on something you know so well

Anonymous said...

Purty graphics!  I want that house way up in the mountain all by itself!  When you get a chance I was wondering if you can make me something pretty for my sidebar.  Not sure what I want, but I love how people have words saying things with the pretty backgrounds.  I tried to make stuff on RockYou, but that stupid RockYou thing is at the bottom of them all and it looks tacky if you ask me.  Don't mind it for slideshows but not words.  When I worked full time and was pregnant I used to go out to my van at lunch and take a nap.  Bad part was that I sometimes didn't wake up when my hour lunch was up.  LOL!  That is the worst feeling.  I have brain farts all the time and I do the same thing you do, just laugh about it.  What can you do?!  Last night I dropped the foil while trying to tear off a piece and it literally rolled all the way into the hallway leaving a trail of foil behind it.  I just stood there and laughed and laughed.  My hubby thought I was nuts.  LOL!  I hope you have a good day today and don't need to take another nap!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Deb ( frosty thoughts) said we had to tell you that you ROCK lol, love you and your kindness.
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

ROFL only you could get away with a little kip on a couch at work ,so pleased Steve is going back hope it all goes well for him ,what fun the kids enjoying your web cam ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

God I hate when I get a brain fart like that. lmao.  Sorry bout your boys and love the new sidebar! : )  Love and hugs, Shelly

Anonymous said...

ah, brain farts, I know them very well!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Yeah I know all about brain farts seem to be having quite a few of them lately LOL!! Hmm....that has got to be hard on your son, no weekends?  How is he suppose to meet women? LOL I know Mom, isn't in any hurry for that......Sorry your boys lost!! Bummer huh? K, I'm having one of those brain farts now. Can't remember what else I might of wanted to say!! Oh yeah LOL love your graphics, beautiful as always. Saw Deb's sidebar today too. Awesome job. Love Ya Indigo

Anonymous said...

Seems like no matter how well you plan when you come back to work things are always busy.  I love the fact that you fell asleep in the bathroom. That is the ultimate definition of tired.

I hoping my coyotes can win 4 in a row! I am still reeling because we finally pulled of 3!

Anonymous said...

Donna
I got a chuckle out of you sleeping in the girls room!  Good thing your inner clock kicked in.  I wonder who was wearing those Sabre uniforms?  I know how you hate it when your team doesn't really "show up."  One day you will be referring to the brain farts as "senior moments."  I'm already there!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

That is soooo funny about you napping in the restroom!!  You must have been VERY tired! ha

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

TGIF!! Hope you have a great weekend!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

h