Tuesday, January 30, 2007

~ Tuesday ~

Well, the drive into work wasn't half bad.  I had grabbed my camera and took it with me just in case.  I never did get shots on the way in and downtown was not nearly as 'snowy' as at my house.  So on the way home I stopped at the park and took some shots of the creek... or would that be crick?  LMAO!!!  This park is not far from my house and is the same creek I mentioned that runs behind the tree line in my backyard.  Though in order to get to it from my yard you'd have to climb down a cliff.  Because of it being twilight and so cold the pictures came out with a bluish tint.  I thought about adjusting it, but I rather like the effect.  Just thought I'd share them with you :) 

 

I also went searching on youtube... thank you Ste.. you got me addicted to something else now!  Anyway, while looking around I found this interesting clip about the Blizzard of 1977.  I was in high school at the time and remember it vividly.  It really shows the danger of snow, winds, and a frozen lake.  I think this is how we got the honor of 'snow capital of the world.'  This is not the norm folks, I swear.  Enjoy the footage...... and watch for those buried cars, houses, and street signs. 

 

Brrrrrrrrrrrr and you want snow? 

 
             

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

well I rememberthat one too. Todd and I both remember missing a month of school that year the whole month of Feburary almost love your pics would love to see them bigger my old age eyes are getting to me lol

Anonymous said...

I vaguely remember that storm.  I was 5 years old.  My older brother probably remembers it better than I do.  I worked during the Blizzard of '96.  I was stuck at my job- nursing home- for 2 days.  I hate snow!!!
Hugs,
Gina

Anonymous said...

I remember that storm, I was 11 years old.  I stepped out from my porch and fell into the snow over my head!  Scariest day of my life because no one came to get me for a bit.  LOL!  Even though I lived in Waterbury, CT, it was still pretty bad.  And, yes, I still want snow!  Glad your drive in wasn't bad.  The "crick" looks so nice, love the twilight look of them.
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It will start snowing here tonight!  Yuck...I am just sick of snow and ice right now..oh well..Mother Nature preveils..LOL..hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of your snow, the blue tint seems to enhance them! The video was scary, I remember a winter in '63 like that where the whole of the UK came to a standstill! Stay safe and warm! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That was frightening ,we most certainly do not want snow and certainly not on that scale .be safe and warm love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

 Oh man, and I was complaining about our little snow.

             Julie

Anonymous said...

That was awesome, Donna. I have not seen anything like that, but like JEannette says, it was bad in Western Europe in the 1962/63 winter.

Anonymous said...

I was only 6 and remember that blizzard I remember playing in all the snow once it had all fallen we had a blast. thanks for shaing v

Anonymous said...

Love the pics you took :)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Brrrrrrrr makes me feel cold!! Laine xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

I remember barely when that happen but never saw any pictures like that, thanks for sharing.  You people must be really tough that live there, I'm sure half the people that live here would move away if we got all that snow.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Thanks for sharing the video with us.  I was still in Hawaii in 77, but remember watching the media coverage of this event.  The pictures shown here really give you some idea of how severe that storm really was.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, now that is alot of snow. Man i hope that never happens again. ((((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

My family lived in Ohio then...we were stuck in our apartment for a week at least...I sure loved the snow (I was 8) but you couldn't stay out long...You'd turn into a popsicle (as my mom said)
Michele

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics you took!!

Joann